How do you reward yourself ?

Options
I used to reward myself with food, mostly high quality chocolate, nuts and craisins mix - yummy.

But I need to get out of that habit. What do you all reward yourselves with after minor or major successes ?

I have a ten pound mark coming up and I will need to reward myself and my first thought was chocolate. Thankfully my second thought was Noooooooo !

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    lingerie,
    booze
    perfumes
    flowers
    nice highest boots I can find.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If I have survived the day staying in my calorie limits--I have calories for a good dessert still staying in my calorie limits. I try to plan the day before or at least first thing in the morning. So far since my last Dr appointment in mid March to yesterday's appt I am down 10lbs.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i would buy clothes, shoes and jewelry as rewards. I rewarded myself, and brought my sister along, for a full out spa day for the 100 lb goal. I wanted a big reward, one that i would work towards and feel a sense of accomplishment and reward when i got to it. I had never had a spa day before and it was fantastic!! My sister enjoyed joining in on my reward too! :) My next goal is 130lbs and I haven't come up with a reward for that.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Shoes!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    First goal... I bought a blue-violet freshwater pearl and iolite necklace.
    Next goal (less than 2 inches away), a fantastic bronze/brown/copper/cream glittery belt of narrow strips. Gorgeous, on the sale rack for four dollars!!
    Third goal ( which should be the finale), iolite earrings, probably.

I don't use food as a reward, since I'm not a dog. :)
  • salvyhead
    salvyhead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Why do you say no to chocolate? It's a perfectly acceptable reward - as long as you track the calories against your daily budget. I had a hot dog and two beers today. And I was still under my calorie goal. Relax! Eat!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Why do you say no to chocolate? It's a perfectly acceptable reward - as long as you track the calories against your daily budget. I had a hot dog and two beers today. And I was still under my calorie goal. Relax! Eat!

Yeah, why say no to chocolate? I think one should have a little chocolate every single day. Quality of life and all that. Just log it and make it fit.
  • NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For every 5 pounds I lose I reward myself with a piece of clothing. When I hit the half way mark I'm go to treat myself to a weeks vacation. I haven't decided where yet.
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    Hell if I know. I'm munching on about 100 calories of celebratory marshmallows as I type this. :laugh:

Do you like video games? Those can be great.

It's even better if getting yourself something to compliment your new lifestyle. My real "reward" for hitting the 10 pound mark is that I'm going to go get fitted for some decent running shoes.

EDIT: Note that the whole "new lifestyle" gift still has to be something you're genuinely excited about. I'm stoked over the idea of getting some not-awful shoes to run in!
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every time I step on that scale and see the number go down I am rewarded.
    But when I hit 25 pounds lost I went and got a pedicure. I haven't had one in forever and it was a nice treat. What made it better was taking my mom with me. I think when I read 50 I'll go for a massage.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If I reach my goal my reward will be looking good when we go to Australia for Christmas.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by lifting weights.:glasses:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Purses and shoes come to mind. At 70 lbs I went to a specialty lingerie shop and had a fitting then purchased a bra that actually fits! I'm planning on purchasing my first adult owned bicycle as a reward for the 90 lb mark. Possibly this summer I'll be going to The Running Room on our next trip out of town to be fitted for running shoes and I'm planning to pick up a heart rate monitor at some future point as well.

Really I think anything that makes you happy works as a reward.
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    I'm trying to get out of the habit of food-based rewards, just because for me personally it doesn't help with the emotional eating side of things, I don't want to use food to make myself feel accomplished!

I actually bought some clip in hair extensions recently as a reward, because it was something I'd wanted for a while.

Other good things, and things i'm thinking of for future rewards are: Polar hrm watch, fitness/workout gear, a massage/facial, new headphones, new running shoes, jewellery, clothing, make up
  • KeisterButton
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I'm sending away for a mini-sampler set of vintage early 20th c. French perfumes.
    Every five pounds or two kilo I lose I go to a women's sauna/steam room.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow thank you for the GREAT ideas. I reached 11 nasty pounds gone today, completed my 120 crunches of my 30 day Crunch-It challenge (which for me is more of a goal than the 11 pounds :)) so I bought myself a Fitbit Flex and a new digital food scale.

But I am fascinated that many of you have some very well thought out rewards. I am going to have to plan some. You all put a lot of thought into some of them. Right now the marshmallows are sounding good.

FYI - I do not limit myself chocolate, I do fit it in, but that is my ultimate weakness and has always been my reward. A bowl of chocolate chips with craisins and walnuts or almonds with Greek yogurt - divine...

Thanks again for the amazing ideas.
  • Claire_x90
    Claire_x90 Posts: 94
    Options
    chocolattttteeeeee :)

and cold rock ice cream!!!! :)

otherwise shopping, usually jewellery
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    By being thinner and fitter
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes!!!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    new boxing gloves or fighting gear, motorcycle parts, camping equipment or hunting stuff.

Either that stuff or a real cute pair of booties!