My Story of Ups and Downs (with pics)

Options
mizzzc
mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Hello all,

My name is Chantel and I have lost 54 pounds to date. It seems like such a large number and I have been waiting for over a year to finally reach it. Even though I’ve finally obtained this magical weight loss number all I crave is that big 100 pound loss. Here is my story:

As a child I was very active. I rode my bike until the streetlights came on signaling that it was time to go home, and I climbed monkey bars. I was still however, fat. I was picked on so much during my elementary school days that every time I took a step on the sidewalk, or in the classroom, all the kids in my school would pretend that I was causing an earthquake. They even threw pine cones at me. Seems funny, but I ran myself home and cried and cried and cried every night. I hated school. The reason I was fat was not because of how active I was, but because of how much a gorged myself day after day.

Throughout my teenage years I went through the same torture. I thought I was so fat. All the girls picked on me. I got pushed down in the hallways. Anytime I walked by a group of girls they’d all yell “ewwwwwww” Everyone said I was the fat girl. Anytime I went home and got upset about my weight always focusing on the scale in my parents bathroom all I would get is “well maybe you should stop eating so much. you’re doing it to yourself.” Yep. I was doing it to myself. Here are a few pictures of me in junior high:

picjh2_zpshblzfknl.jpg

[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Chantel_LaFrance/Pic jh_zpsd6pzdw7q.jpg[/img]

I was 14-15 years old in these pictures so it was 2007-2008

I wish I was still as “fat” as I thought I was at that age. Needless to say I tried every stupid diet I could find. I did the low carb, no carb, soup diet. I even made myself throw up after bingeing though I told no one about it. In fact this is the first time that I’ve admitted it out loud. I was bulimic. Still my weight was slowly creeping up. In the beginning of Junior high I was 160 pounds. By the end of high school I was 180 pounds.

Fast forward a couple of years. I am 18 and just got my new car. I no longer walk everywhere and I love to drink and party. Within 1 year I gained 50-60 pounds putting me at about 240 – 250 pounds. I was depressed, broke, and fat. I partied myself into depression and the only thing that brought be out of it was moving out of the city.

6ee94b1a-5696-4352-904a-8e6d667762a0_zpsax00cjgq.jpg

2010 or 2011 approx 240 pounds

I moved into my moms place in a small town 45 minutes from Calgary. I had lost my job, my car, and my dignity. In this small town I managed to get a new job at a lumber yard. I would only eat the same damn thing every day I went to work: Carrots and celery with no dressing, a sandwich, and MAYBE a yogurt. I lost 40 pounds in 6 months, I found a new boyfriend during my weekend visits to the city, and I felt HOT. Since I lost my car I had to walk 30 mins to AND from work everyday. I also worked out for 30 minutes every morning and then I carried lumber around for 8 hours at work. My confidence level was through the roof! My boyfriend and I were doing great, life was great.

[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Chantel_LaFrance/Facebook/Profile Pictures/69eb3192-d953-4b03-bd49-511a70b94914_zps1rhyvimf.jpg[/img]

I was 210 pounds here 2012

Then everything fell to pieces when I got pregnant. Three days after finding out I was pregnant my boyfriend dumped me and then ensued the arguments between us for the first two months of my pregnancy. (a lot of which I had started out of anger) My work was starting to notice my depression and I think they got wind of my pregnancy. I got fired. I took that as a sign to get out of general labour and I enrolled in school for Business Administration. In the next 9 months I went to school full time, and worked two part time jobs. I gained 80 pounds!!! 80 pounds! And I never fully understood how fat I was simply by avoiding mirrors and cameras. In fact I never really saw how big I had gotten until I saw the pictures from my baby shower.

ef09bb70-8f9b-4750-91cf-1204f8e65439_zps0bstqmyz.jpg

f0e6142b-e31d-4174-8da4-43c0b75fdd34_zps1yw9fmeq.jpg

May 2013 280-290 pounds

After the birth of my beautiful baby boy (June 2013,) I made several unsuccessful attempts at losing weight.

afterbb1_zpsmxlzqdnv.jpg

December 2103 approx 265 pounds

MY EYE OPENER was January 2014, on my birthday. Here are the pictures that made me realize just how bad it had gotten:

bday1_zpsjdlygjnx.jpg

after2222_zps9kfd3a4x.jpg

January 2014 approx 260 pounds

After that I had taken a friends advice and signed up for MFP. I soaked up information on the forums and added people who were successful. I built friendships with people I had never even met in person and I felt/feel truly inspired by the amazing people on my friends list.

now1_zpsmdyl7xms.jpg

81eb95d3-2f66-4df7-b120-aa6c1d3dba4f_zpsl1094kid.jpg

March 2015 at 207 pounds

I still have another 47 pounds to lose. But I know I will succeed.

Feel free to add me anyone.  Also if you want side by side comparison they are on my profile pics :)

If anyone is interested here are a few tips I used to lose weight:
Exercise the way I wanted when I want: If I was tired I didn’t exercise – which is crucial when you are a single full time working parent
Drink nothing but water (OK some weekends I drank liquor too)
Get sleep – It’s needed
Eat less and move more!!
**There are some weeks I eat nothing but nutrient dense foods and hit all my macronutrients perfectly. There are also many weeks I eat what I want and simply stay within my calorie range. There are also many weeks I forgo my calorie limit and eat what I want. This is a learning process and I have managed to lose over 50 pounds by doing it.

Replies

• DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is a great story, thank you very much for sharing.
  • BravoGurl
    BravoGurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!! You have done sooo well!! What determination you have to succeed! Thanks for the encouraging post.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Great job hun...be very proud of yourself!!! :D
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats in the weight loss so far.... I am on my journey started Feb this year. I too was an over weight child. And know all to well how horrible it was being made fun of in school.... I have 2 kids and it takes a lot of will power and hard work . But this time I am not giving up. I pull my inspiration from others on mfp .. its very helpful to see others who have done so well... thanks for sharing your story :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. You are so inspiring! Can't wait to see your next set of pictures when you achieve your 100 pound loss!!
  • mizzzc
    Options
    Thanks so much guys and momamia13 I am excited for you and I to achieve our goals! It is a long hard road but it is so worth it!!! :)

I could never have done it without the help of my amazing mfp friends!! Thanks keeta and derek!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!

Is it funny that I noticed your 14-15y/o 2008ish picture was taken in a BP's? Lolz.
  • mizzzc
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Wow, well done!

Is it funny that I noticed your 14-15y/o 2008ish picture was taken in a BP's? Lolz.

haha!!! it was indeed at BPs! I loved that place
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You have done really well! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication paying off. I know it's not an easy road.
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. I can't wait to have a before and AFTER picture! :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!! Keep up the hard work and you'll hit your 100 pound loss before you know it!
  • missbossypants
    missbossypants Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! Keep it going, you'll get there, you've got the determination!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    you got fired because you were pregnant? (That's how it reads to me). And I think that is illegal, although maybe a bit late now.

Good job on your weight loss, and keep it up!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Such a lovely story, you should be very proud of your perseverance and dedication. Well done :)
  • mizzzc
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    you got fired because you were pregnant? (That's how it reads to me). And I think that is illegal, although maybe a bit late now.

Good job on your weight loss, and keep it up!

I'm not exactly sure if that's the reason. But I was doing great one minute and then a week after being pregnant they laid me off. So technically not fired. but when I spoke with one of the ladies who worked there after I had already had my son and she said that there was a rumor going around while I was there that I was pregnant. So like I said I believe thats the reason but not too sure.

ETA: Also I had made a few personal calls (on my break) crying to my ex and getting mad at him for leaving me. So if anyone had heard that they most certainly would have known what was going on.

• erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That was a great story. I wish you all the best in your future successes!
  • drpit4me
    drpit4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Keep it up.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm glad mfp helped you so much! It's helped me reach for that goal by telling me what weight I will be in 5 weeks after my daily calorie completion. It's also helped me be accountable, by writing down what I eat. And it's nice to know that everyone is positive and confident and successful! I lost 65 pounds last year and now I'm ready to do more. Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!