Lower abs after c-section pain

Options
Hey everyone, I hope you are having a great day! Quick question: I had a c-section 9 months ago and am on week 10 of T25 (last day of beta today) I added in a Biggest Loser strenghten and sculpt video on Wednesday, just felt I needed more strength training. I did the lower abs exercises and now I HURT! It is not horrible pain but it is definitely a bit worse than just doing a core/ab workout and pulling some muscles. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My doctor ensured me months ago that I can get into working out and said I can pretty much do anything, including abs. Maybe someone else has experienced this as well?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Given that you had a medical procedure done- you should be seeing/following up with the doctor.
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes, understandable. I am wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with this. My doctor has ensured me that I am able to do anything at this point along in recovery.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section going on 15 months ago. Anything ab related definitely caused more soreness than pre-surgery up until about 12 months post-op. It's probably normal, but agreed nobody will really know exactly what you're feeling.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The good news is a c-section doesn't cut muscles, they are only pulled apart. But it's still a major abdominal surgery, so it can take a long time to get back to normal. Just let your doctor know that now you have some pain and tell her/him what exercises you were doing. It may just be your muscles hurt a bit, but better to be safe than sorry.
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!