WHAAAAAT!

Options
I just lost 2 pounds, and now i'm gaining them back slowly :'( . I'm not really understanding why? when i've been trying to maintain on what i'm intaking :\

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Personally, my weight can fluctuate 5 - 7 lbs. throughout the day, so I wouldn't at all be worried about 2 lbs.! Just keep at it. How long have you been trying to lose weight? It can takes weeks or months to see actual results, depending on how much you have to lose. Also, keep track of your measurements as well.
  • klb4216
    klb4216 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for three months now, but because of setbacks i just keep gaining
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Are you accurate with your food diary? Do you weigh your food?....or use measuring cups? If cups, then that could be way off and maybe the cause of no weight loss.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    klb4216 wrote: »
    I've been trying to lose weight for three months now, but because of setbacks i just keep gaining

Such as? It takes a while to get the hang of how many calories we actually need each day, approximately how much we burn, accurately weighing and measuring our food, etc. but there will ALWAYS be things that come up that we can make as excuses to take us off track. Holidays, special occasions, stress, whatever will always be there. Making a sustainable plan and working those into our plans is helpful and necessary.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    two questions..

are your "setbacks" putting you over your daily allotment by a lot?
    do you own a food scale and use it?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Confused!
    You have posted in the maintaining weight forum but although you say you are trying to "maintain on what you're intaking" you also say you have been trying to lose weight for three months but are gaining....

If you open your diary, state your goals clearly, give your height/weight stats loads of people will be delighted to try and help.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    are you saying you're eating enough calories to maintain after 3 months of eating less? or?