Early 20s and have always been overweight

I'm finally starting to have the body that I want after 20 years of being overweight.
I need to finally be okay with who I am but realize that I deserve to be healthy and happy!
I'm so sick of struggling and finally realized I'm the only one holding myself back from living the life I want!

Add me for mutual support, any messages are welcome!

Height: 5'5"
Highest Weight: 210
Current Weight: 162.5
Goal: <150 after that just focusing on strength and health!

Replies

• mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi! We have very similar stats. I'm 21, and have been overweight my whole life. I'm 5' 4" and my highest weight was 210 my senior year of high school. I had (and still do) very low self esteem. It's hard to think highly of myself. When I started college, I dropped 60 pounds and weighed around 150. At 150 I was a size 8, had a relatively flat tummy, and I was happy. After I got out of college, I started a desk job, moved in with my now fiancé, took on his eating habits, got comfortable with him and how he saw me and I stopped caring about what I ate. Since then I've packed on 20-25 pounds again. I now weigh 173lbs, and I'm working to get down to 150, and tone up from there and remain healthy.

You can do this, feel free to add me!
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2015
    I can relate. I was overweight my whole life as well until I was inspired and decided to make a lifestyle change at age 21. I haven't looked back and I wouldn't give up what I'm doing for anything.

It all begun January 2014, I was 235lb and today I am 170. Definitely happy with my progress but I'm no where near where I want to be.

I'm currently cutting for 12 weeks and hoping to begin my first bulking phase early June.

Congrats on your progress!