Attention all carb professionals!! lol

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Brolympus wrote: »
    Why are you cutting carbs in the first place?

more important question right here that should be answered.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    OP if you're interested in having a real discussion about eating low carb, rather than debating your WOE, you might try here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Wait... shouldn't you be calling all ANTI carb professionals since you want low carb? :huh:

I eat tons of carbs, so I'll be of no help. :noway:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    eveedance wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I'm a carb professional but not the kind you're looking for. The lowest carbs I've ever gone is 100g lol.
    Hear hear.

Unless you have a medical reason OP, why are you cutting carbs?

Maybe b/c she doesn't want the medical reason in the first place

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527677

Seriously? All this study did was compare a low carb diet and a low fat diet. The low carb diet was more effective on people that were already at risk for T2.

So I guess I'm missing your point. Or you don't understand the study you posted.

Ok fine. great at critiquing studies, but doesn't post study herself. Please feel free to do so. We will all benefit.

Don't be condescending about someone not understanding a study that they posted. You really never know the level of expertise of the person you are trying to insult.
    LOL!

So if you post something that's incorrect/doesn't support your stance, we can't say because you're a secret genius?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    JengaJess wrote: »
    I'm a carb professional in the sense that I eat 170- 200 carbs a day!
    You are free to eat in whatever way you chose, but keep in mind you want to find something that's going to be successful for YOU. If you're looking at a list of low carb foods and only finding one (fish) that you like, really consider if a low carb diet is for you. I tried low carb a few years ago and I think I made it three weeks before I admitted to myself that for me, it was miserable. I was hungry. I missed fruit and lentils and beans and as a vegetarian, it was just too hard for me.
    If you don't like greek yogurt or cottage cheese, don't try to just suck it up and eat them anyway. Find a way that works for you to incorporate foods you love into your diet!
    But like I said, it's totally up to you on how you want to eat!
    Here's a pretty good list: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-list-of-40-low-carb-foods.html

Lol ya I eat 260g a day unless it is rest day. Low carb does nothing for you other than make you sad. Carbs for gains!

Speak for yourself. I've been much happier since I went low carb.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I'm a carb professional but not the kind you're looking for. The lowest carbs I've ever gone is 100g lol.
    Hear hear.

Seriously? All this study did was compare a low carb diet and a low fat diet. The low carb diet was more effective on people that were already at risk for T2.

So I guess I'm missing your point. Or you don't understand the study you posted.

Ok fine. great at critiquing studies, but doesn't post study herself. Please feel free to do so. We will all benefit.

Don't be condescending about someone not understanding a study that they posted. You really never know the level of expertise of the person you are trying to insult.

Where did I insult you?

I'm not the one claiming that carbs are bad, and that eating them will cause medical issues, so why do I need to post a study? You made a claim, the onus is on you to back it up.

And I'm terribly sorry for assuming that you understood the study that you posted to back up your claim.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Please help!! What are some good foods that have little to no carbs?? Fish is the only thing I've found. I can't live on fish forever lol.

(Note: I'm allergic to raw fruits and raw nuts)

Please help!! And thanks in advance!!

Now, to help you.

Chicken, bacon (mmm bacon), beef, turkey, pork. I'm on a moderate carb intake (around 150g), so I'm no expert. My dairy is open though, you're welcome to look for ideas.
  • eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Hear hear.

Where did I insult you?

I'm not the one claiming that carbs are bad, and that eating them will cause medical issues, so why do I need to post a study? You made a claim, the onus is on you to back it up.

And I'm terribly sorry for assuming that you understood the study that you posted to back up your claim.

Sorry, we should take a step back. I didn't even ask if you read the full text. Did you? You must have access to the full article given your readiness to be condescending about literature. So I assume that you did. And I forgot to clarify - how does the statement you made about the article even come close to nullifying its argument or its clinical relevance or its extrapolation to primary prevention for patients at risk for diabetes or patients who are pre-diabetic? And given the knowledge you seem to have about endocrinology, you must know the exact dividing fine line between non-diabetic and at-risk for diabetes to claim that this article is irrelevant to the general population. I made a claim. And backed it up with a journal article. In return, I got a standard forum reply. I wonder which piece of literature I will choose to make decisions for myself,my family or my patients? Journal article? Or vague debunking statement from person on internet?
  • eveedance
    Hear hear.

LOL!

So if you post something that's incorrect/doesn't support your stance, we can't say because you're a secret genius?

Oh wow, we've already established that my posting is "incorrect" and "doesn't support my stance". When exactly did that happen? I hope that isn't a reflection on how the whole forum makes decisions based on evidence presented.

"Oh. I didn't read article, but she said something vaguely bad about it so it's clearly incorrect and doesn't support his argument, so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon hoping that someone won't notice the fact that I just bypassed the whole exercise of actually disproving the article." Diabolical.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Hear hear.

LOL!

Oh wow, we've already established that my posting is "incorrect" and "doesn't support my stance". When exactly did that happen? I hope that isn't a reflection on how the whole forum makes decisions based on evidence presented.

"Oh. I didn't read article, but she said something vaguely bad about it so it's clearly incorrect and doesn't support his argument, so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon hoping that someone won't notice the fact that I just bypassed the whole exercise of actually disproving the article." Diabolical.

Oh wow, so now we've establish that you assume not everyone has read it. Cool.

Next time I'll make sure to +1 her post to show I agree.

Glad I am not one of your "patients".
  • eveedance
    Hear hear.

LOL!

Oh wow, so now we've establish that you assume not everyone has read it. Cool.

Next time I'll make sure to +1 her post to show I agree.

Glad I am not one of your "patients".

Glad we agree on something.

no... not the dreaded +1!!!!!!! The debunker of all debunkers!!!!!!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Hear hear.

LOL!

What number of alt account is this? Looks like on the way to banned camp
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Hear hear.

LOL!

This-one-time-0vg0z9.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    wtf happened in here- in a matter of two pages.

Never change MFP... never change.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you don't like the foods that would be necessary to eat to low carb then why are you trying to low carb? Carbs aren't the devil and such...you can lose weight and eat carbs.
    Hear hear.

LOL...so if I don't low carb I'm going to get diabetes...is that really what you're pedaling?

Also, that link talks about "lower carb"...not low carb...I wouldn't consider 43% or 41% of ones diet to be "low carb." I would agree that most people need to balance out their diets and most people who eat the SAD could do well to reduce carbs...but that doesn't mean they have to "low carb" which is generally 100 grams or less.

I get about 40% of my calories from carbohydrates.

Looks like I'll just narrowly escape the jaws of 'beetus.

I'm like 45% right now...guess I'm *kitten*...but those carbs sure to make a 50 mile ride better than it would be otherwise.
  • eveedance
    Ok fair enough. I will get banned. That I know. MFP doesn't like the IIFYM or CICO everything in moderation boat to get rocked.

But, for the record, I still see the merit in those viewpoints because I have an open mind.

But wow, as soon as anything that remotely challenges the fact that you can't have piece of mind eating that cookie gets posted, all methods of rational unbiased discussion get thrown out the window... and the moderators will kick you out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Hear hear.

LOL!

*nod nod*
  • PikaKnight
    Ok fair enough. I will get banned. That I know. MFP doesn't like the IIFYM or CICO everything in moderation boat to get rocked.

But, for the record, I still see the merit in those viewpoints because I have an open mind.

But wow, as soon as anything that remotely challenges the fact that you can't have piece of mind eating that cookie gets posted, all methods of rational unbiased discussion get thrown out the window... and the moderators will kick you out.

Minnie, is that you?
  • PikaKnight
    OP, as others have said, if you aren't doing this due to a medical issue, then don't do it. Carbs don't make you fat and if you are torturing yourself doing something you don't need to do, this is just setting yourself up for failure.
  • PikaKnight
    MrM27 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Minnie, is that you?

Wow, I haven't heard that name in a long time.

:bigsmile: