Pelvic floors ladies?!?!

Options
Anyone else struggle with bouncy exercises?! I do bodycombat 3 times a week and at 41 with two kids I have to be VERY careful. How does everyone else cope?!

Replies

• itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Kegels.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    wear pads.
  • Missyjules1974
    Missyjules1974 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lol... Yep.... Do both.
  • a05jwal
    a05jwal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do and I just went to the dr about this, there is a new device called an intone.. google it, my friend did a study on it and it proves to be clost to 100% effective. I just received it so appointment next week to learn how to use this. I have severe issues. It stinks always have to wear a pad and i tried keegels... if that doesn't help after a few months, not worth trying. I will keep you posted on if this helps me.
  • Missyjules1974
    Missyjules1974 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Aaaah thanks.... I will await your experience,I hate wearing a pad! I'm 41 but have been like this since I was 21 and I had my daughter. It's never got worse not even after my second birth and it's worse at different points in my cycle. I want to leap about!,
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I cannot disclose any information about which product or manufacturer as I have signed a NDA working in medical litigation... but... i would advise against surgery for incontinence. If you haven't experienced pelvic prolapse yet, there's still time to work on it without surgery.

Research them yourself, but i have read too many records and seen too many cases (thousands) where this type of procedure genuinely ruined lives.

There are physical therapists who can help you with pelvic floor exercises. You can try the metal balls (which you insert and then must build strength to keep in). You can also look into the device suggested above.

Also, you can see a urologist, gynecologist, or a urogynecologist who specializes in this area. If they offer surgery right away or a "in-office" and "Minimally invasive procedure" i would fully research it before going through.
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please don't get surgery for it! I had an aweful experience....
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I got to the bathroom before I leave for the gym, before starting my workout at the gym, *and* I wear one of these: http://www.alwaysdiscreet.com/incontinence-liners/productdetail/always-discreet-very-light-incontinence-panty-liners
  • lizrn2008
    lizrn2008 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ensure that you are doing kegels correctly. Surgery is the second line treatment (second option if kegels for 6 months do not help)
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health-advisor/the-right-way-to-do-kegels-exercise-like-a-jellyfish/article17451679/?service=mobile
  • Nebraska84
    Nebraska84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with this for awhile. I have been trying to strengthen my pelvic floor. I ordered a DVD off amazon called Hab-it pelvic floor. It was made by a physical therapist who had a prolapse. So it may be an option to check out if you don't want to go see a physical therapist.