too much veg ?

Options

Replies

• courtneybrown2015
    courtneybrown2015 Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    absolutely! I've done Insanity before and it was awesome, I literally drank so much of my own sweat it was gross. And curves are not a bad thing!

No no no ! I would rather stick needles in my eyes than insanity my brothers are fitness monsters and i seen them with it no thank you ha I'll just stick to 30 day shred and its not the curves on its own its the excess fat around them haha
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    As long as you are meeting all your macros (and your protein is set high enough) I wouldn't worry about how you're getting it.

Thank you very much i try to balance as much out as possible Xx
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'd make sure you're getting some dietary fat with those veggies so that you can actually absorb all of the nutrients.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd make sure you're getting some dietary fat with those veggies so that you can actually absorb all of the nutrients.

Can I be a bit stupid and ask what you mean ?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just make sure you are getting enough fat in your diet, basically. Too little fat in your diet is bad as fat is actually needed for your body to function.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    It doesn't really sound like a lot of veggies. That 6 bits broccoli serving is only about 25 calories, unless you add butter or cheese or something. But do make sure you're getting enough protein. If you don't like meat, eat greek yogurt.

I have porridge almond nuts and a Greek yoghurt for breakfast almonds for mid snacks and always some sort of meat and veggies for dinner even though still getting used to meat Lil normally tuna salad for lunch
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Just make sure you are getting enough fat in your diet, basically. Too little fat in your diet is bad as fat is actually needed for your body to function.

Oh OK thank you aren't almonds healthy fats ?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

What do your macros workout? Like how much of your overall day is your fat intake? That's what he's more referring to, not just individual foods.

I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you typically need anywhere between 25-35% for your fat macro.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

What do your macros workout? Like how much of your overall day is your fat intake? That's what he's more referring to, not just individual foods.

I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you typically need anywhere between 25-35% for your fat macro.

I think the OP mentioned above that she hasn't started tracking yet but plans to start on Monday.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I think the OP mentioned above that she hasn't started tracking yet but plans to start on Monday.

That's fine. I was just trying to explain about why it was mentioned she make sure she was getting in enough fat. And my recent response was more to explain that the fat intake was going to be an overall thing, not just individual foods.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

That's fine. I was just trying to explain about why it was mentioned she make sure she was getting in enough fat. And my recent response was more to explain that the fat intake was going to be an overall thing, not just individual foods.

Fair enough. 25-35% fat is about what I've heard, too. Or .3-.4 grams per pound of body weight.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, almonds are a good source of healthy fat...and yes, I'm talking about your diet overall. Dietary fat is necessary for many things, including the absorption of many of the vitamins and minerals that are in your veggies.

I'm just pointing it out because a lot of people interpret "healthy" to mean fruits and veg and very little fat when in fact, dietary fat is a very essential macro-nutrient. IMO, a low fat diet is just about the worst thing one could do to their body.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    your fine.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options

Yeah this correct im just quite confused with it all already ha x
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options

Yes, almonds are a good source of healthy fat...and yes, I'm talking about your diet overall. Dietary fat is necessary for many things, including the absorption of many of the vitamins and minerals that are in your veggies.

I'm just pointing it out because a lot of people interpret "healthy" to mean fruits and veg and very little fat when in fact, dietary fat is a very essential macro-nutrient. IMO, a low fat diet is just about the worst thing one could do to their body.

Could you let me know good fats atol I'm sorry I'm just new to this and want to do it right
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Unless you are getting indigestion, veggies are a great habit! If the meat is tough I am sure there are other ways you can get your protein, including powders if need be (not my preferred route, but I am a chicken-eating freak)
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    I don't mind eating chicken now so just going to stick to chicken until I find another meat that I like lol and thank you for the links will deffo have a look at them and make notes thank you so much for your support
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    Unless you are getting indigestion, veggies are a great habit! If the meat is tough I am sure there are other ways you can get your protein, including powders if need be (not my preferred route, but I am a chicken-eating freak)

Just started eating chicken so I will stick to chicken in terms of meat just now lol I take it chickens not as healthy
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Just started eating chicken so I will stick to chicken in terms of meat just now lol I take it chickens not as healthy

What are you using to define food as healthy? Chicken isn't bad for you. There really aren't bad foods. There are foods that are more calorie or/and nutritionally dense then others, but not bad or unhealthy, especially if you are eating a well balanced diet.