slim noodles/zero noodles and pasta?

Options
sianquin
sianquin Posts: 86 Member
I was wondering if anyone used these and thought they were ok and if they had any downside? I know there expensive but as a one off treat it's not too bad.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    they are good, but no nutritional value. They just make you full really. And, I had to add something to them to make them palatable. You don't really "digest" them either, if you get my drift!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did try these. The first package worked OK for me but I really didn't think it was good for me to try and eat zero calories so you have to add things to them. After awhile I decided I'd rather eat the real deal and just limit my portions.
  • sianquin
    Options
    Thank you do they taste like rice noodles, egg noodles, dried noodles or something all of there own lol.

I would prob use them as a base for a chow mein or black bean sauce so i would be having more like 100cal than none by the time i add peppers and mushrooms possibly even more if i add chicken and i'm hoping they will absorb the sauces.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Tried the Miracle Noodles, not sure if they are the same or not. Could not stomach them myself, had no taste and required me to add alot to make them palatable.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone used these and thought they were ok and if they had any downside? I know there expensive but as a one off treat it's not too bad.

Yuck. Never tried them. Never intend to. In my book, food is SUPPOSED to have calories.
  • daisydaisydaisys
    daisydaisydaisys Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like them, although they smell terrible when you first open them, rinse them a lot. they absorb flavor well so are good in soups or stirfrys. hungry girl has some pretty good recipes too
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    These aren't zero cal noodles but they are close. Is this the same thing you are asking about?

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157

I've tried them. I thought they were ok but my family didn't like them.

I've also used spaghetti squash in place of pasta for tomato sauces. And I haven't tried this yet (waiting for the summer crop to pop up) but I've heard of folks grating zuccinni into strips and treating it like pasta too. Very little cooking for that veg over the spaghetti squash so it would be a quick fix for noodles.
  • sylo1609
    sylo1609 Posts: 36
    Options
    I tried Shirataki noodles a while ago, they smelt pretty bad ... they had no taste, but I didn't like their consistency, so I don't think I'll buy them again since they are so expensive.
  • sianquin
    Options
    These aren't zero cal noodles but they are close. Is this the same thing you are asking about?

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157

I've tried them. I thought they were ok but my family didn't like them.

I've also used spaghetti squash in place of pasta for tomato sauces. And I haven't tried this yet (waiting for the summer crop to pop up) but I've heard of folks grating zuccinni into strips and treating it like pasta too. Very little cooking for that veg over the spaghetti squash so it would be a quick fix for noodles.

Yes they are like these zero noodles is acually a brand there seems to be a few different ones. I think i'll give them ago, i'll let you all know how i get on i have a few gym heavy days anyway so will need all the calories i can get til this time next week anyway :)
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    These are the shirataki noodles, yes?

I have followed the below hungry girl recipe for them and thought they were ok.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/249

Once cooked and sauced they kind of remind me of Ramen noodles (I do not eat now ramen now, but never minded partaking when I was a younger &broke). Overall its a working "cheat" for me and I have not noticed any weird side effects-lol.

Be warned~They really DO smell bad when you open them!

(oh and just as a side note: spaghetti squash rules when it comes to pasta sub!)