Gaining weight.. starting to really get alarmed

Options
Hi any input would really help right now.

I'm in my fifth month from having a baby, I weight back to pre-pregnancy weight around December. I was calorie controlling around 1600 + doing one day at 500 cals.

Since then I've yo-yoed around 1600-1700 cals daily.

I've put on 12lbs.

I'm gaining & gaining even though I'm still eating below average. My diet hasn't really changed. I have been on a few different medications, but still no real answer. I'm afraid I've undone all my hard work on here. I'm not sure how to climb back, I am willing to open my diary to any requests.

I can't do high cardio workouts due to illness, at the moment I'm lucky to even be on my legs, but I'm still managing some light workouts.

Here are my stats according to the fast diet calculator;

BMI is: 34.9
BMR is: 7023 kJ / 1678 calories
TDEE is: 8427 kJ / 2014 calories

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    First of all, being at prepregnancy weight this fast, it is remarkable.
    Second, these first months post partum, you are also still losing water weight etc retained during pregnancy, plus your body is adjusting to all the new hormones, so what happens shortly after birth is normal to change and to see weight fluctuating.
    Third, you mention medications and an illness. Are you sure these alone are not affecting your weight?
    And finally, if you are currently mostly sedetary, a TDEE of 2000 calories is probably not correct. Unless you are extremely tall?

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I'm in my fifth month from having a baby, I weight back to pre-pregnancy weight around December. I was calorie controlling around 1600 + doing one day at 500 cals.

I've put on 12lbs.

I'm gaining & gaining even though I'm still eating below average. My diet hasn't really changed. I have been on a few different medications, but still no real answer. I'm afraid I've undone all my hard work on here. I'm not sure how to climb back, I am willing to open my diary to any requests.

I can't do high cardio workouts due to illness, at the moment I'm lucky to even be on my legs, but I'm still managing some light workouts.

Do you weigh all of your solids and measure all of your liquids?
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I've put on 12lbs.

Do you weigh all of your solids and measure all of your liquids?
    aggelikik wrote: »
    First of all, being at prepregnancy weight this fast, it is remarkable.
    Second, these first months post partum, you are also still losing water weight etc retained during pregnancy, plus your body is adjusting to all the new hormones, so what happens shortly after birth is normal to change and to see weight fluctuating.
    Third, you mention medications and an illness. Are you sure these alone are not affecting your weight?
    And finally, if you are currently mostly sedetary, a TDEE of 2000 calories is probably not correct. Unless you are extremely tall?

No, Im not tall at all 5"5 inches I didn't even really know that was that high? I would never eat 2014 cal..

Thank you, I thought I was doing well until this 12lb came on like that.
    I'm changing meds to check whether they are having an impact, I mainly eating around 1500-1600 max.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No, 3bambi3. I feel my routine is quite good but maybe it will be worth noting everything to spec?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    No, 3bambi3. I feel my routine is quite good but maybe it will be worth noting everything to spec?

<boggle>

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My doctor screamed at me when I told him I was dieting while pregnant, nearly calling me a child abuser, telling me he wouldn't be my doctor any more unless I stopped dieting. I stopped. After my son was born, I lost the excess weight in less than a month.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My doctor screamed at me when I told him I was dieting while pregnant, nearly calling me a child abuser, telling me he wouldn't be my doctor any more unless I stopped dieting. I stopped. After my son was born, I lost the excess weight in less than a month.

OK?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Yep, okay!
  • maidentl
    Options
    Yep, okay!
    Do you often throw random personal anecdotes into threads that don't help the OP in any way?

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Yep, okay!
    Do you often throw random personal anecdotes into threads that don't help the OP in any way?

Bam!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Guess you missed it, duh. I was trying to help the OP's baby.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, are you saying you are 5 months pregnant or 5 months post-partum?
  • maidentl
    Options
    Guess you missed it, duh. I was trying to help the OP's baby.

How does her trying to lose weight after having a baby have an impact on the baby? Yeah, i guess I missed the part where you were trying to help the baby.
  • maidentl
    Options

She's postpartum, she says she reached pre-pregnancy weight in December.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

She said five months from having a baby. I misunderstood that and thought she was four months pregnant, and not a mom with a five-month old. Maidentl, you can lick your chops now :blush: