What do you think of this quote?

Options
I hate laziness. I hate excuse-making. I hate rationalization and self-bullshitting. I hate willful ignorance. I hate watching people piss away their potential. I hate it when people blame everyone but themselves. I hate mental weakness.

This was taken from TNation

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Scale of 1 - 10
    1- Strongly Disagreen
    5 Neutral
    10 Strongly Agree

I'd have to say I fall somewhere on the 10 range.

mostly because people make excuses for everything and honestly I don't care why. It's an excuse. And I also really can't stand willful mediocrity. I don't understand it and I don't think I ever will.

If you had just said- it's not a priority for me right now- good job- god bless you and on your way. But when people say I don't have time or this or that- then its' a justification to validate themselves to me- and honestly I just don't care- it says more about you than me- you don't need to justify yourself me- and I hate that mentality- just own what you do. One way or the other- Just effing own it.
  • johnson1973
    johnson1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nightfly01 wrote: »
    I hate laziness. I hate excuse-making. I hate rationalization and self-bullshitting. I hate willful ignorance. I hate watching people piss away their potential. I hate it when people blame everyone but themselves. I hate mental weakness.

You'll hate me then. Lol
  • FemaleWarriorxo
    FemaleWarriorxo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nightfly01 wrote: »

I find this quote to be the can opener for people :p Most will be so use to hiding behind excuses they won't see it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    If I substitute the word "hate" with "disagree with", it sounds better to me. "Hating" on something seems more personal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I think that person needs to work through their anger. I'm sad when I see those things in others - but know I do them too some times