Confused....

Options
I have been working out twice a day for the last 2 months, Doing cardio, and strength training and weights, I watch what I eat, and consume at least 2 liters of water daily and I have barely lost 5 pounds. Just this week I incorporated whey protein and the sauna as part of my regime. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to??

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    There are a few things at play here. Firstly, you should be losing about a pound a week (depending on how much you want to lose total) so 5 lbs in 2 months is just a little under a good rate of loss.

Another possibility, if you are not measuring your food with a food scale, you might be eating more than you think which will put you over deficit. Also, if you're not measuring your calorie burn with a heart rate monitor, you may be overestimating how much you're burning. If you're not doing that, you should begin immediately, it will save you a headache in the long-run
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    - that doesn't sound like there's anything wrong at all. With so little to lose, you aren't likely to lose faster than that.
    - when you start a new exercise regimen (not regime), your body will retain water for muscle repair, for a while. That settles out over a few weeks.
    - why are you working out twice a day? Sounds like overkill?
    - are you weighing all dry foods and measuring anything that can't be weighed? It makes a difference. Weighing is more accurate. You'd be surprised at the difference it can make
    - the sauna will have no true impact on your weight, so do if you enjoy it, but it's got nothing to do with weightloss
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Whey is to meet your protein needs if you're lacking. You lose weight from a deficit, the exercise is irrelevant.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Watching what you eat is overly vague, if you want advice - open up your diary so people can have a look. It's all about the numbers. That said, I can't see the problem - you're losing steadily. A loss of 0.5 - 1 lb a week is ideal, you shouldn't rush these things.
  • GoalWeight165by2018
    GoalWeight165by2018 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I third the weighing thing... it's crucial. I figured out that a "normal" bowl of frosted mini-wheats that I used to eat was 600 Calories!!

One tip I use for weighing is pain in the butt to measure stuff (like honey, peanut-butter, jelly, etc) is to weigh the container before and after you take what you need. This has really helped me.
  • karen32pritchard
    Options
    I have been working out twice a day for the last 2 months, Doing cardio, and strength training and weights, I watch what I eat, and consume at least 2 liters of water daily and I have barely lost 5 pounds. Just this week I incorporated whey protein and the sauna as part of my regime. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to??