Protein/exercise question

Options
jen_092
jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
Hello! I've been eating more protein lately - now that I'm closer to maintenance it's been very easy to get 80-120g every day the last few weeks. I weigh about 147lb right now, and have not been lifting. I'm inbetween gyms and am hoping to find a new one so that I can get started. So my question is - should I eat less protein while I'm not exercising?

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would say keep eating protein. It helps to keep you full and nourished. That doesn't sound like an extremely high amount...so i don't think you have an issue of eating too much protein. So long as it fits in your calorie limit, you'll still hit your weight goals. It's calories in, calories out. :)
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    r5d5 wrote: »
    I would say keep eating protein. It helps to keep you full and nourished. That doesn't sound like an extremely high amount...so i don't think you have an issue of eating too much protein. So long as it fits in your calorie limit, you'll still hit your weight goals. It's calories in, calories out. :)

Okay great, thanks! I never quite knew what "a lot of protein" is for my weight, which is why I had to double check.