Insanity MAX 30 Results!

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
Here's my Insanity MAX 30 results....and I'm not all that happy about the pictures, and the inches lost vs BF% lost just doesn't add up to me. I dunno, my diet was good, especially month 2, and I just expected better. Arms went up, everything went down, so I guess that's a success. I don't care so much about the weight as the BF% just barely moved compared to the inches, but I don't know how they correlate.

Chest: 38- 36
R. Arm 12- 12.5
L. Arm 12- 12.5
Waist 36- 32.5
Hips 39.5- 37.5
R. Thigh 21- 19.5
L. Thigh 20.5- 20
Weight: 178.4- 172.4
BF% 20.2%- 18.8%

3b58rdlbg7sq.jpg

Replies

• julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great all over results! Look at the angle from the bottom of your neck to the tip of your shoulders. What a difference.
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Look. The worst fat there is is above your waist, loosing that fat is an ECREDIBLE achievement! You look and are healthier than before AND you lost weight other places! This is a victory give yourself this amazing credit!!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks...it's just really weird....Inches are gone, but BF isn't, but I DEFINITELY gained strength...so I dunno....doing 21 Day Fix Extreme now and we'll see what happens!
  • Lalapunzi
    Lalapunzi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work! Are you doing another round?
  • joehempel
    Options
    No. Doing another round of this is too dangerous. This program is an injury waiting to happen and very poorly designed. I'm hitting up 21 Day Fix Extreme right now and have seen more results in 4 days than 2 weeks of Max 30

I will keep the Power and Strength workouts from MAX 30, but will not be doing the program again.

I talk about it at www.youtube.com/jhempel24

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Most impressive!!! :D
  • KarolJohnson2127
    KarolJohnson2127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try P90X or if you like Shaun T, then T25 (had great results from that without wanting to kill myself every single second of it). I've tried doing both Insanity and Insanity MAX 30 and didn't like either, I agree that it's an injury waiting to happen, very lower body centered, puts a lot of strain on your knees, it's just glorified over straining cardio, not a true total body workout program, not to mention the warm up and cool down (especially) are NOT enough. Combine strength, cardio, stretching (or yoga like in P90X) and your body fat % will go down bigtime.
  • bahnstormer
    bahnstormer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need to cut calories
  • joehempel
    Options
    @bahnstormer -- yeah...no. Been at this for a while, I know EXACTLY my calorie and macro needs.

Thanks everyone!

T25 is actually too easy for me, I've done it before. I don't think Insanity is that bad of a program, I'm actually an Insanity LIVE instructor, but MAX 30 has severe issues. I sent a message to BB asking about the science behind it, because even as a personal trainer, I can't see the logic behind the cardio workouts.

So far 21 Day Fix Extreme has been incredibly good, and I waaaay under-estimated the program. I've dropped 1.5lbs in just 4 days with the program so far, my fiance dropped 5lbs. I used the 21 Day Fix way of eating with Max 30 too, so I'm pretty positive it's the workouts and not the nutrition because that hasn't changed any. I'm excited to see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Body Beast is next for me after 21DFX and vacation.

• taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried Doing insanity and it was exactly that, insanity! I started doing turbofire right after and thought that program was amazing! But you can definitely see more definition in your back as well! Job well done!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks...you can't spot burn I guess. I just thought I would have better results. Especially since my nutrition was pretty dialed in!
  • AngelliJim
    AngelliJim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of Insanity Max 30, and I've been following the eating plan almost perfectly. I have only lost 1-2 lbs and around 5 inches, and I was really expecting more. When I first completed Insanity, I lost 9 lbs., so I'm kind of disappointed. Next, I'm doing 21 Day Fix, and I hope to see better results. It sucks because I really like the workouts...
  • joehempel
    Options
    21 Day Fix Extreme is what I'm doing now....I've seen MORE results in 1.5 weeks (with a couple cheat days) than Max 30 month one...I LOVE Fix Extreme so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!