My Transformation Story (PICS)

After going through some difficult times last year, I decided enough was enough and I was going to get my health back in check and claim my life back. I haven't looked back since.

At the beginning of all this, I was scared because I wasn't sure if I would be able to do this all the way through (I had tried and failed many times). But for some reason, something in me flipped like a switched and I told myself that failure was NOT an option.

I met a new friend in October 2012 and we were both going through the same process so we decided to do it together. As of January 1st, we jumped head first into what has been the most incredible year of my life so far. We're not only best friends, but workout buddies, supporters and motivators to each other. I would NOT be where I am today if it weren't for him.

I started upping my workout routines, trying new things, trying new foods, etc. and just finding out what worked best for me. So in short, the 'secret' I've found that works best for me is: lots of cardio and weights, HIIT, no gluten, limited dairy, homemade juice, tons of water, and a workout partner. It's going to be different for everyone, this is just what has worked best for me.

I'm proud to say that as of today, I'm down 65lbs and just completed my first 5k on May 25th, 2013. I plan on doing many more 5ks throughout the year :)

This journey has been anything but easy and I'm only about halfway to my goal, but I'm coming to realize the journey is one of the best parts. I've gained so much self-confidence and love for myself. There were times I wanted to give up, cry, yell, and times when I've back tracked a bit. However, I keep on moving forward knowing that I have an amazing support system behind me.

I recently became an Independent Beachbody Coach, which means I'm basically a peer mentor for other people going through these types of journeys. I've met so many incredible people and I've developed such a passion for helping others achieve their goals.

I WILL do this all the way through and I'm so proud of how far I've come in all aspects of life.

Here's to the future!

2nrg5t3.jpg

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    You look fabulous! Great job!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    way to go girl1
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    You look so happy and healthy. Congrats!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    VERY NICE JOB!!
  • jamie_teresa
    jamie_teresa Posts: 20 Member
    Aww, this made me tear up a little! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you! I know that you'll continue to go strong and never give up. And if for some reason you do, I will go all Jillian on your *kitten*! LOVE YOU!! XOXOXOXOXO
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Thanks for sharing! It's super motivating and you have done a great job!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Wow!! Great job!!!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    All I can say is WOWSER!!! Great job and keep up the great work you are doing.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!