Weight is stuck

Options
Question for the seasoned weight loss people......I've been working out 6 days a week. 30-35 min on a treadmill working my way through the C25K program and I'm on week 6 now so I"m running more than walking. And doing 20-30 min each day of a combination of different ab, leg, butt or arm exercises (lunges,squats, dips, crunches, bicep curls, pushups, etc). I've been eating about 1700-1900 calories a day. With most of them being protein and fruits and vegetables. Very little carbs. The only sugar I have besides fruits and veggies is in my coffee creamer. I've lost only 5 lbs in 9 weeks and that was at the beginning. I haven't lost in over a month. I've lost a total of 12.5 inches but no weight. Any suggestions for me? What should my calorie count be at? Should I do all cardio till I loose more fat? I'm 5' 3" 175 currently. Thanks for any advice

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your food?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Are you using a food scale? Are you eating back some/all of your exercise calories?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Inches trump weight!
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What rate of weight loss are you targeting? At your age, height and weight, assuming you are "lightly active" (3 hours of running/walking per week) you need an estimated 2140 calories per day to maintain your weight. So if you are eating up to 1900, your calorie deficit is 240 calories, which over time would average just under 0.5 pounds per week weight loss. That's assuming that your calorie logging is very accurate and that you are the hypothetical average person in terms of calorie burn. Any variation could mean you have no calorie deficit at all.