Type 1 and 2 Diabetics working towards weight loss..!

Options
Hey there,

My name is Jennifer. I live in Canada and operate a personal training company. Outside of this, my personal life includes that I deal with Type 1 Diabetes on a day to day basis. Anyone who is a diabetic and is working towards losing weight, or has lost weight knows how hard it is. I certainly do - battling lows, while trying to cut calories, etc. all with the intention of getting to a healthy weight to help keep our numbers in check as well as feel great about our bodies.

I am currently working towards a total of 20 pound weight loss. So far, I've lost about 5. I use an insulin pump and also take metformin for an insulin insensitivity I have.

I'd love to get connected with other diabetics out there walking the same journey. Outside of my career choice, I am just like every one else here, trying to be the best, healthiest version of myself.

Talk soon!

Replies

• MikeyDNJ
    MikeyDNJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello jennifer my names Mike 58 male from nj. i also am diabetic i know just what you mean about this. have now to date lost 55 lbs my a1c is down from 13 to 7 i workout about 4 times a week and eat healthy when asked what are you doing you look great i tell people i grew up lol. but yes every day a battle but where i am today from where i was there is no turning back i went from a weight of 290 too now 235 lbs and im 6 ft 2. my goal is 200 but for me i have all the time it takes no rush so you see i do know and all the best too you