Options

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Mean people thread!!!!!!!!!!

And on a Friday! (for 45 more minutes)

I'm in WA state, so 3h45 min for me! yay!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You guys dont have to be so MEAN about it... god... i get it... ALL OF YOU ARE BEING SO MEAN!!
    I went out and got professional help and advice and you disagree. Agree to disagree and let it go!
    You dont have to keep pestering and attacking me... do you want me to cry?? Well good cause you got that....

Whoa. No one was being mean.

If you are crying over something said on the internet (especially when no one was being mean or hurtful to you), then maybe you should stay off forums in general until you are able to have a bit thicker skin?

it's a public forum. That means you are allowed to put things on here but people are allowed to respond to dispute, disagree, etc as well. If you consider that pestering, then I'm genuinely curious if you've ever actually had a disagreement or discussion with differing opinions before.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    You guys dont have to be so MEAN about it... god... i get it... ALL OF YOU ARE BEING SO MEAN!!
    I went out and got professional help and advice and you disagree. Agree to disagree and let it go!
    You dont have to keep pestering and attacking me... do you want me to cry?? Well good cause you got that....
    readImage?iid=3181451
  • zzaped
    zzaped Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did you get the information from a dietitian or a nutritionist? Reason I ask, is because a Dietitian has to actually go to school for awhile and specifically study nutrition. A nutritionist doesn't have to have any educational training about nutrition.

This is incorrect.

I am currently in my final year of a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition)
    My degree is 3 years long and heavily science and nutrition based.
    The difference between a Nutritionist and a Dietitian is another 2 years of post graduate study specifically relating to nutritional treatment of clinical chronic disease states. (Like what would be seen in a Hopsital)
    Weight management is not a topic classified as a chronic disease state unless there are underlaying factors (Thyroid, adrenal etc).

I know because 1) I work in a hospital Dietitian department
    2) Ill be doing post graduate study as a Dietitian

IMO not having a degree doesnt make you a Nutritionist, it makes you a wellness coach.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    zzaped wrote: »
    Did you get the information from a dietitian or a nutritionist? Reason I ask, is because a Dietitian has to actually go to school for awhile and specifically study nutrition. A nutritionist doesn't have to have any educational training about nutrition.

This is incorrect.

534.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    edited March 2015
    Options

This is incorrect.

How is that incorrect? They said a nutritionist doesn't HAVE to have any educational training. If that was wrong, then how can so many legally call themselves nutritionists after taking a 6 week crash course for a certificate?
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm losing steadily at 2000 calories per day! All. That. Food.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This is incorrect.

Some have a degree, some don't.

"Be aware that there are individuals who market themselves as “nutritionists” with very little or no training whatsoever in nutrition. They may be selling “nutrition products”at a health or fitness center . Before you take “nutrition advice,” be sure to check out the professional background and training of the individual giving it."
    http://www.clinicalnutritioncenter.com/meet-our-medical-weight-loss-professionals/registered-dietitians-nutritionists/registered-dietitian-vs-nutritionist

"While many RDs may call themselves nutritionist, not all nutritionists are RDs. An RD credential is granted only after the individual has completed certain requirements including at least a bachelor’s degree, a supervised practice program, and a registration examination. They also have to fulfill continuing education requirements to qualify for recertification (and stay current on the latest nutrition trends and news!). In some states there are licensure laws, which define the range of practice for a nutritionist. However, in other states there may be no regulation, giving anyone who wants to set up shop and call him or herself a nutrition professional the go ahead. "
    http://www.caloriecount.com/dietitian-vs-nutritionist-b560822#ixzz3TfepfrGZ

"A nutritionist is a non-accredited title that may apply to somebody who has done a short course in nutrition or who has given themselves this title. The term Nutritionist is not protected by law in almost all countries so people with different levels of and knowledge can call themselves a “Nutritionist”."
    http://eatrightdc.org/dietitian-vs-nutritionist/
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    #1 yes
    #2 no

and this is the internet…deal with the responses...

Uhhh, you are mistaken. This is MFP and Community Guidelines exist, whether you chose to acknowledge them or not. This place is not "anything goes".
  • ndj1979
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

Uhhh, you are mistaken. This is MFP and Community Guidelines exist, whether you chose to acknowledge them or not. This place is not "anything goes".

none of the responses violated the guidelines…

but feel free to keep policing the boards...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    tumblr_loemqmPYsE1qjt1hwo1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif

:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif

I have been waiting to use that one….
    it is strangely mesmorizing
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif

I have been waiting to use that one….

turtle-high-five.gif
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

I never said anything you said violated anything. I simply corrected your grossly erroneous statement that this is the "internet" and asserting that anything goes. You are simply wrong. Am I supposed to consider it a real honor to have your approval? Hate to ruin your night but I really kinda don't.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif

This gif is sooo good!

• ndj1979
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

I never said anything you said violated anything. I simply corrected your grossly erroneous statement that this is the "internet" and asserting that anything goes. You are simply wrong. Am I supposed to consider it a real honor to have your approval? Hate to ruin your night but I really kinda don't.

you said there are "guidelines," I said that none of the posts violated said guidelines…

picgifs-deal-with-it-3739941.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

deal-with-it011.gif

This gif is sooo good!

its like you can't stop watching it….
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    #1 yes
    #2 no

It wasn't "grossly erroneous". That's quite the exaggeration. All he said was she needs to deal, which isn't really bad advice. You are the one that jumped on him and assumed he meant there were no guidelines to be followed.
This discussion has been closed.