Help pleateu

I feel like giving up but I'm not. I am a 31yr old male. I am 6'0 227lbs. I eat 1800calories a day. I've been dieting for 35days now and lost 8lbsproblem. problem is I haven't lost any weight in almost 2 weeks. This is the 4th time in 3 years that this has happend when I diet. I lose about 8lbs then nothing comes off. What do I do?? I weight train with light weights every other day. I don't cheat on my diet. I'm desperate.

Replies

• jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Do you keep track of your carbs? Lowering your carbs help, especially on non training days and do high intensity workouts.
  • jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    I feel like giving up but I'm not. I am a 31yr old male. I am 6'0 227lbs. I eat 1800calories a day. I've been dieting for 35days now and lost 8lbsproblem. problem is I haven't lost any weight in almost 2 weeks. This is the 4th time in 3 years that this has happend when I diet. I lose about 8lbs then nothing comes off. What do I do?? I weight train with light weights every other day. I don't cheat on my diet. I'm desperate.

Do you keep track of your carbs? Lowering your carbs help, especially on non training days and do high intensity workouts.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks you will not lose even if you are doing everything right. It isn't really a stall unless you don't lose for at least 4-5 weeks. You could be retaining water from eating very salty or a new workout, which would mask weight loss.

Do you log your exercise and eat the calories back? MFP can credit you with too many calories for logged exercise, so if you do log it, only eat around half of those calories back.

Don't panic! Give it another couple of weeks, and if you don't start losing, come back and open your diary to get more specific suggestions...