Replies

• kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    go for it
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Type of business is not my concern at the moment. The requirement for success is what I am looking for.
    I had a failure beforehand, just don't want to fall into the trap again.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have my MBA and plenty of finance and accounting courses. Definitely not needed for running your own business. I have friends in the accounting and finance industry and they says they have programs that do all the work for them. We have a family run business and use an accountant to do the taxes.
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    Type of business is not my concern at the moment. The requirement for success is what I am looking for.

It's always a plus to get an academic qualification. I would encourage it if you have the resources. Knowledge is power
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
    ― Winston S. Churchill
  • needernt
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    I have my MBA and plenty of finance and accounting courses. Definitely not needed for running your own business. I have friends in the accounting and finance industry and they says they have programs that do all the work for them. We have a family run business and use an accountant to do the taxes.

Then what is a MBA good for?
    Are you saying not accounting nor finance are needed ? so what is needed?
  • needernt
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »
    “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Nice
  • needernt
    Options
    kalin73 wrote: »

It's always a plus to get an academic qualification. I would encourage it if you have the resources. Knowledge is power

for so many reasons I prefer self-study.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Temeritas wrote: »
    Okay, if you have a bachelor of arts in math then you are setup nice for an MBA. Entrepreneurs are risk takers, but it's a MEASURED risk. You eliminate as many unknown variables as you can, then make the decision based on the value of the information present. I would jump into the best MBA program you could qualify for and then transition to a firm that consults in area you have interest. LEARN that area so that when it comes time to transition, you can make informed decisions. My two cents...

Well MBA is a good advice but I don't have time to sit for it. I'm the type who prefer self-study indeed. That's a good idea, I can get some MBA books and study them.

But do you think just an MBA can provide me with what I need?
    What about finance, accounting, marketing, law, management. They all separate university majors.

hire an accountant and a lawyer. Don't fake your way through that.
  • needernt
    Options
    I noticed there are some courses called Entrepreneurship. Are they different from MBA?
  • needernt
    Options
    Any opinion?
  • needernt
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Any opinion?

I thought you were already a sociologist.

why?
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Unless there is a legal requirement for a qualification no. If you are truly an entrepreneur just go do it - make mistakes and learn as you go!
  • needernt
    Options
    yvie63 wrote: »
    Unless there is a legal requirement for a qualification no. If you are truly an entrepreneur just go do it - make mistakes and learn as you go!

Common I already fell off I don't want that happen again. It's not that everyone should experience everything. We are not going to live eternally to repeat all human mistakes.

I'm not looking for certificate. But looking for true practical knowledge.