Thighs getting...bigger with increased workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your diary. I think you are gain weight because you aren't eating enough. It looks like you are leaving 600-1000 exercise calories a day. You should really eat a little more. Maybe eat back at least 200-300 more of your exercise calories and see what happens.

/Does Anyone else feel the same?:wink:

I promise you no one is gaining fat or muscle from not eating enough.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your diary. I think you are gain weight because you aren't eating enough. It looks like you are leaving 600-1000 exercise calories a day. You should really eat a little more. Maybe eat back at least 200-300 more of your exercise calories and see what happens.

/Does Anyone else feel the same?:wink:

This makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP~ noticed you closed your diary. :laugh:

Photos of these said "big" thighs.

If your not losing weight you are not in a deficit.

Do you weigh (use a digital food scale) all your food?

If not, there is your problem. WEIGH EVERYTHING!!! :wink:

Also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

ETA: You are not gaining muscle!! JS :wink:
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The OP is from 2010.
  • cateash77
    Options
    I would disagree with those who say you aren't gaining muscle, because I think you probably are. I would also disagree that gaining muscle is extremely hard. I have gained muscle in a few weeks even with a calorie deficit. Your body will gain muscle before it starts to lose fat dependent on your age and body type and diet. Muscle gains big enough to make a woman feel that her jeans don't fit, can be achieved in certain body types quite easily, especially if you have been exercising for a long time, because your muscles will respond more quickly. It is actually very difficult to lose muscle, contrary to popular belief, it is also quite easy to build. No you wont become a he-woman but you clearly just want to lose some weight and get firmer and tighter not bigger. You need to start varying your exercise because at the moment you are doing the same type of exercise over and over again every week, which is using the same big muscle groups every day. Dependent on your body type many women can quite quickly get much bigger quads, butt and shoulders than they really want even just from using their own body weight. I did intense dynamic yoga twice a week and ended up with huge quads and shoulders (compared to what I WANTED them to look like). I now do Pilates,yin yoga and Barre based workouts, they are very intense but build small, tight muscle and flexibility. I am as strong as I was when doing intense yoga and weights but no longer look like I could pick up a small car.

I recommend doing Pilates, Tracey Anderson method (any of her DVD's -they get slammed but just give them a go, you will see what I mean), any type of Barre method, Yin Yoga and for cardio very brisk walking for one hour 4 x per week, or brief HIIT (but not on a stationary cycle), maybe 1-2 days per week. 5:2 fasting is safe and very effective in getting fat off quick, especially on the lower body and if combined with HIIT works particularly well in women in shedding fat from stubborn areas. Also take a look at Fitness Black Book online, very interesting and counter to much of the exercise advice given to women.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I would disagree with those who say you aren't gaining muscle, because I think you probably are. I would also disagree that gaining muscle is extremely hard. I have gained muscle in a few weeks even with a calorie deficit. Your body will gain muscle before it starts to lose fat dependent on your age and body type and diet. Muscle gains big enough to make a woman feel that her jeans don't fit, can be achieved in certain body types quite easily, especially if you have been exercising for a long time, because your muscles will respond more quickly. It is actually very difficult to lose muscle, contrary to popular belief, it is also quite easy to build. No you wont become a he-woman but you clearly just want to lose some weight and get firmer and tighter not bigger. You need to start varying your exercise because at the moment you are doing the same type of exercise over and over again every week, which is using the same big muscle groups every day. Dependent on your body type many women can quite quickly get much bigger quads, butt and shoulders than they really want even just from using their own body weight. I did intense dynamic yoga twice a week and ended up with huge quads and shoulders (compared to what I WANTED them to look like). I now do Pilates,yin yoga and Barre based workouts, they are very intense but build small, tight muscle and flexibility. I am as strong as I was when doing intense yoga and weights but no longer look like I could pick up a small car.

I recommend doing Pilates, Tracey Anderson method (any of her DVD's -they get slammed but just give them a go, you will see what I mean), any type of Barre method, Yin Yoga and for cardio very brisk walking for one hour 4 x per week, or brief HIIT (but not on a stationary cycle), maybe 1-2 days per week. 5:2 fasting is safe and very effective in getting fat off quick, especially on the lower body and if combined with HIIT works particularly well in women in shedding fat from stubborn areas. Also take a look at Fitness Black Book online, very interesting and counter to much of the exercise advice given to women.
    You can disagree, but anecdotal evidence doesn't trump scientific evidence.

And Tracey Anderson? The woman that believes a woman "bulks" up using more than 3lb weights? Apparently it didn't happen to this female here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1247836-i-was-warned-heavy-lifting-causes-bulkiness-update-pics

If the OP is gaining weight it's because there's either a surplus or the a recent change to a higher intensity workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

ha ha ha ha

no.

just no.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Uhhhhhh............
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The OP is from 2010.

NICE!!! Good eye for detail!!