Ideal/goal weight?

Options
I've heard some say that they'll know when they have reached the weight their body seems to want to be. How does one know that? I'm quite tall, and have a range of something like 44 pounds within the healthy weight range. I have a goal weight...but how will I have a sense of whether it's too low or too high? Are there clues?

Does that make sense?

I should also mention that I struggle with body image, and have never felt "happy" with my body, even at my lowest weight. So, are there clues other than being happy with where you are?

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My goals are based on what my body can do versus size. I want to be strong enough to lift my body weight in a squat. I want to be fit enough to keep playing field hockey even though I'm 46. I want to be able to enjoy activities and run around with my dog.

I do want to be in the healthy range of weights for me but I don't have a set 'look' I'm going for. Weight on the scale isn't all that important, tbh. Body fat is probably a bit more so - as a 46 yr old, 25% body fat would probably be the perfect amount for me, but I'm okay at 27% (which I am right now). I want to be at a weight where I can still eat a decent amount and enjoy life (so if I tried to get lower than 25% bf and a lower weight, I wouldn't be there).
  • alskarani
    alskarani Posts: 83
    Options
    Ah, so body fat percentage where it intersects with strength to do what you want to do in life...