What is your weigh-in day?

Options
Good morning. I joined MFP recently and love what I have seen so far. I decided to make Saturday my weigh-in day. I find that doing it on that day keeps me "honest" on Fridays (no happy hour binges!) and gives me a boost on the weekend. If I have lost weight I want to protect that loss and then build on it. If I have gained I know it is time to double down and refocus. Anyone else out there like Saturday weigh-ins? What day works for you? Let's do this!!! :)

Replies

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. The app I use averages my week and I go with that. My issue with once a week weigh-ins is that I can manipulate the scale and almost cheat it. I rather see my daily fluctuation.
  • Magen_rutland
    Magen_rutland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning also.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I also weight in every morning...mostly because I like to keep on top of the daily fluctuations...while a big drop once a week is exciting, any sort of rise, or even a stand still is demotivating for me. Not so much though, when I see all what my body went through the whole week!!

BUT! My *main* weigh in day, when I also take my measurements and try to calculate my body fat% is on Fridays. That way I dont have to stress on the weekends and feel guilty about spending time with friends / taking kiddo out or anything, and have the rest of the week to get on track before my next weigh in/measurement day.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Every day. If things go bad a particular day/weekend/whatever, I can then look at all the past zig-zags and know it's just temporary. Also to get a real trend you need more data points, and I want to see how my real trend changes so I can tweak things if need be. But I know that many people are happier with weekly weigh-ins and some even use measurements or a belt instead of the scale.

• ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Usually on a Monday but I think I might change that to everyday just to know my fluctuations.
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but take the Sunday reading as the reference point.
  • blufforbust
    blufforbust Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. It keeps me honest and I'm able to watch my fluctuations in weight. I also synced the app to the health app. It is an excellent combo and is makes it interesting to track my food. 81days in a row today.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days, but Saturday's weight is the one I log.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    MaryCS62 wrote: »
    I weigh most days, but Saturday's weight is the one I log.

Gonna start doing that...just weighed myself 5 minutes ago and I gained a pound. But I'm gonna continue to log in on Mondays.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but typically only record my weight on Friday.
  • gibbsgirl76693
    gibbsgirl76693 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh every other day or so but only log it if there is a loss. I know weight loss isn't linear, but I like to see a downward trend on my progress graph. ;)
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Me too: every day. I accept the fluctuations. I have noticed little things, like if I have much salt, my weight goes up a little because of water. I'm getting better at thinking about my weight instead of the taste of a food when I'm trying to decide whether to eat something.
  • jwells62
    jwells62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to get an idea of my fluctuations, but my "weigh-in" is Monday morning. My workout Schedule is M-Sat with Rest on Sunday (Though I work a part-time restaurant job and walk 6-7 miles that day). The low fluctuations in the week give me motivation that it's working, and the high fluctuations give a reminder that I need to stick to the plan. A couple of bad food/booze days can negate the 6 hard workouts.
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies everyone! I actually check my weight on a daily basis as well but use Saturdays as a my reference point. I see a lot of value in staying on yop of my fluctuations as well. I really thought I was alone in this! It is nice to know that I am in excellent company. :)
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday, the fluctuations would drive me completely bonkers
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day but log on friday
  • desirail
    desirail Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every day but I record on Monday.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Every single day - - and I track using The Hacker's Diet (someone posted a link to this in the forums way back when I started). I like their graphs better than MFP's. It took a while to get comfortable seeing the fluctuations though. :)

I officially report my weight loss/gain on Wednesdays during the weight loss support group meetings I've held at work since 2010.

• gaeo189
    gaeo189 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. The app I use averages my week and I go with that. My issue with once a week weigh-ins is that I can manipulate the scale and almost cheat it. I rather see my daily fluctuation.

What app do you use?