what do u think about drinking milk?

Options

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to stop drinking milk for about 4 weeks and I'll see how it works.

What are you hoping to get from not drinking milk?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    civilhokie wrote: »
    I never drink milk because it causes inflammation in the body. Also if you think about it a cow lets her calf drink milk so he will grow to be a 300lb beast. No animal in the wild drinks milk after they are full grown. When I quit drinking milk my allergies disappeared and I generally feel better. Educate yourself and do what you feel is best for you! Good luck!

That's why I don't eat meat. Tyrannosaurus Rex fed meat to their babies and those suckers grew up to be 7.5 tons. I cut all meat out of my diet and I haven't had the urge to scavenge on the carcass of a hadrosaurus since then! Do some research on the effects of meat in your diet!
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer drinking milk to, say, baking milk or frying milk.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

why?

I am guessing you are cutting right now?

if you have a 500 calorie deficit with milk or without milk your results should be exactly the same….
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    SyzygyX wrote: »

C'mon! Deep-fried milk is the best. You just have to turn it into cheese first.
  • adcini
    adcini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drink milk occasionally, and have small pieces of cheese as a snack. I've swapped out for almond or coconut before and gone dairy free, but I've never found it made any difference for me.

So long as you don't have problems with lactose, and you figure it into your calories, there's nothing wrong with it. I always drink at least 1%, and sometimes 2%. Skim is like milky water to me.
  • SyzygyX
    Options

C'mon! Deep-fried milk is the best. You just have to turn it into cheese first.

Fair point!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

But baking milk (along with eggs and some nutmeg) makes for the most wonderful custard!!!!!

• SyzygyX
    Options
    I never drink milk because it causes inflammation in the body. Also if you think about it a cow lets her calf drink milk so he will grow to be a 300lb beast. No animal in the wild drinks milk after they are full grown. When I quit drinking milk my allergies disappeared and I generally feel better. Educate yourself and do what you feel is best for you! Good luck!

That's why I don't eat meat. Tyrannosaurus Rex fed meat to their babies and those suckers grew up to be 7.5 tons. I cut all meat out of my diet and I haven't had the urge to scavenge on the carcass of a hadrosaurus since then! Do some research on the effects of meat in your diet!

Why? All you have to do is make sure that meat fits into your calories and macros? Do you really think dinosaurs believed in clean eating!?!11!?one!
  • SyzygyX
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. Yummy!

It taste like water and its over priced

It's also horrific for the environment, especially in California. I stopped drinking almond milk.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

i only eat Brontosaurus meat….
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh dear lawd, not these old arguments again.

It does not cause inflammation in my body.

I drink milk and am not 300lb...your argument is invalid

Your argument is also incorrect re animals in the wild.

So yes, please educate yourself.
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stopped drinking milk (and I drank skim because I prefer the taste) not because it's bad or because I feel better, but simply because I'd rather eat my calories. Pretty much anything I drink is very low calorie. I know skim milk isn't that high in calories, and it's very nutritious, but like I said I'd rather eat my calories. Just personal preference.

I eat quite a lot of plain Greek yogurt. So I'm not against dairy or milk. After all yogurt is made out of milk. I've even made my own yogurt it's really easy and delicious. I eat cereal with yogurt instead of milk. It just feels more satisfying to me somehow. I like to use plain yogurt because it is so versatile and I like to control how much sweetener I add. I use splenda or honey or agave to sweeten it when I want it sweetened. I find flavored yogurt too sweet now and even when I want the flavor, I add some plain to it to cut the sweetness.

One of the biggest problems I had with not having milk in the house is when I needed it for cooking. Then I realized I could cut some plain yogurt with a little water and it's nearly the same thing. Most recipes that call for milk taste fine with watered down yogurt, some taste better. I occasionally do buy milk for some cooking, but I use yogurt for most things.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I drink (cows) milk whether I am cutting, maintaining or bulking.

Just fit it into your day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I used to eat dairy all the time (namely cheese) but then I stopped and feel so much better. I think that dairy isn't something people should have when they get older. I know many people who have stopped eating dairy and said they felt better. When you think about it, when you drink milk you're getting all the natural hormones from the mamma cow that was intended for the calf. Should people be drinking that? I'm sure there are other ways to get calcium. Any thoughts?

What do you mean by 'older' and why?

What is wrong with ingesting these natural hormones?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Are you tracking macros or just cutting out milk from you regular eating?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. Yummy!

It taste like water and its over priced

I find it also has the texture of watered down chalk - can't stand it
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    [/quote]That's why I don't eat meat. Tyrannosaurus Rex fed meat to their babies and those suckers grew up to be 7.5 tons. I cut all meat out of my diet and I haven't had the urge to scavenge on the carcass of a hadrosaurus since then! Do some research on the effects of meat in your diet![/quote]

hahahahaha beautiful

• Anadeusz1987
    Anadeusz1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Are you tracking macros or just cutting out milk from you regular eating?

Yes I track my macros.Every 2 weeks -50carbs(200calories)ill increase proteins when I go down to 150g carbs a day.i keep my fat at 0,5g x body weight.
    What about you?
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Oh dear lawd, not these old arguments again.

It does not cause inflammation in my body.

I drink milk and am not 300lb...your argument is invalid

Your argument is also incorrect re animals in the wild.

So yes, please educate yourself.
    I wonder...why do people refer to animals in the wild only when it comes to your wants ???!!