NSV! Traded up!

Options
bethfartman
bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
Yesterday my SO looked at me and said, "damn, looks like it's time for me to start getting in better shape before you start looking too much more out of my league and leave me." I know he's totally joking (we’ve been together for 8 years and have no desire to break up on either side) and he’s in pretty great shape already, but it was really nice to hear. It got me thinking, though, if he wasn’t in such good shape and I had any inkling of being dissatisfied in other aspects of our relationship, being in better shape would be great motivation to get the heck out of there. Has anyone actually ‘traded up’ after getting in better shape? And if so, how did that work out for you?

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Nope, never traded up. I've also been with my SO for eight years. However, as I get into better shape I see he gets a little more self conscience that my abs are better than his lol. He knows I love him either way though.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've traded out.. eg had no replacement but just dumped them
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This made me sad. I can see what you're saying, more fit, more confident, less willing to settle. But when I got married I married the man of my dreams, coming up on our 10 year wedding anniversary this month. We gained plenty of weight together, but now we're losing it together. We've always looked like we fit together, so no trading up, out, or down. Just sticking with each other :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!