hate working out help!!!!

Options
I really hate to workout. Have to literly force myself to do it two times a day . been doing great loseing weight with diet 14 lbs in six weeks . just trying to find a way to get workouts in to and not have to be dreading it any suggestions

Replies

• giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    try some classes... I did boxing and I never tried boxing before...totally no skills... it was a lot of fun and lot of calories burned...
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    1. You can create a deficit without working out. This means that you can actually lose weight without working out at all if you so wish. Working out is good for your heart and lung health, as well as generally a mood booster.
    2. I used to hate working out too, just hated it. My advice is to take it slow and to find something you love. You mentioned going to the gym twice a day, maybe change that to three times a week total and work up to going more frequently if you feel up to it. And I agree with taking classes or finding a workout buddy. Try new things! Even things you think you won't be good at, because you might! I never thought I would be a runner but I love running so much now that I've began the C25K program! Do something like kickboxing, zumba, swimming, weight lifting, etc. There are so many workouts you can do, don't limit yourself to something you don't even like.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am a male and I do Zumba classes. I made a bunch of friends and just the social part of it is support and motivation. Also mix it up, attend outdoor events like races, mud runs etc. Do weights one day cardio the other, class the other. Dancing is also a great way of taking the workout metality out of working out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1 - you don't have to workout 2 times per day...and really, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some specific training goals you are working towards. I have two-a-days, but only twice per week and it's a riding session in the AM and lifting in the PM. Also, I regular rest days are incorporated into my exercise regimen to allow for recovery and repair.

2- Find something you like doing...exercise comes in many forms...expand your horizons and your perceptions of what exercise is.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If I had to workout twice a day I would hate it. I workout 4-5 times/week for one hour. I do weight training and HIIT and love it. For me, the key is to find something you enjoy. No matter what it is, yoga, zumba, raquetball, CrossFit, if you don't enjoy it it will not be sustainable long term.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Definitely find exercises that you enjoy to help keep you motivated. I complete virtual 5k races a few times a month to improve my race time and to stay motivated. I also enjoy playing kinect sports when I am struggling to get moving. Next thing I know I have been boxing for 45 minutes! When the weather is warmer, I love to go hiking.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As said above, try a class or a sport. I love playing tennis and will keep playing long after my body's had enough and my feet are dragging round the court. :D
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Unless you're an enthusiastic amatuer or aspiring professional sportsman/woman you don't need to train twice a day. Especially if you don't like training.

Training three days a week done properly will reap more rewards than killing yourself twice a day.

You need to define your goals and then structure your training week/month towards those goals. If the answer is "fat loss" you'll do yourself more good putting the majority of your efforts in food shopping, prep and cooking to keep yourself in a consistent calorie deficit and get adequate protein.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You could give yourself a 30-day challenge.

This is what I did for 30 days:
    -Alternate two beginner Crossfit workouts four days
    -Play tennis three days (this could be dance or whatever you like)

After 30 days you may automatically roll out of bed onto the mat.

I "Just Do It" and have increased intensity and varied my workouts as well as kick *kitten* on the courts. ;)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Why would you work out twice a day if you hate it? Unless these are like 10 minutes routines?