jgnatca
jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
Here are some interesting meal plans.

http://twentytwowords.com/diets-from-around-the-world/4/

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! I'm shocked to see that a ton of those people were most likely eating above their maintenance calories (I counted about 2 eating way below maintenance, 4 at maintenance, and the rest eating way above their maintenance). It is a bit easier to understand why obesity is still a growing problem around most of the world.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Thanks for the link! I'm shocked to see that a ton of those people were most likely eating above their maintenance calories (I counted about 2 eating way below maintenance, 4 at maintenance, and the rest eating way above their maintenance). It is a bit easier to understand why obesity is still a growing problem around most of the world.

How could you possibly know what their maintenance is? Nothing about their activity levels is mentioned.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

How could you possibly know what their maintenance is? Nothing about their activity levels is mentioned.

*most likely

Obviously, the truck driver (most likely living a sedentary lifestyle) eating 5000kcal a day would not be eating at maintenance.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Ah missed that part.

There were only one or two that stood out to me as "too much" - one was the truck driver. I can't remember the other.

I guess I assume that most countries are, generally, more active than the US.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The rickshaw driver is not eating above maintenance. Her activity level more than compensates. I only counted two above maintenance; the truck driver and the student.