Need 'emergency, talk me back from the edge' friends!

Options
Hello all,

A couple years ago I lost about 40 pounds and was finally on my way to sustain physical fitness and health. I learned how to swim (at 34!), I biked endless miles, and ran too. Even completed a triathlon last year.

Buuuuuut, as always happens over the course of a long, extremely cold winter I've gotten complacent and the pounds have come back. :( So, I'm starting a new. I'm looking for like minded people who would be interested in emailing/keeping in touch to help talk me off the couch when i don't want to go workout or help me say no to the chips when i want to pig out. If you're looking for the same kind of support, please don't hesitate to message me.

Replies

• Tiffize45
    Tiffize45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to give as well as receive the encouragement! :)
  • tattooed_panda
    tattooed_panda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all the way chicagogal!! I lost 56lbs a couple of years ago, and half of it has crept back on...not a happy bunny. But I have tried to get back into it this year...lost a few pounds. It certainly helps to have friends going through the same thing to spur you along!
    Exercise is key...I love to swim, and push myself just that little bit harder each week to do better than the previous week...I hadn't realised how competitive I could be lol :)
    Always here if you need encouragement :)
  • thechicagogal
    thechicagogal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much tattooed_panda!! It seems like we work so hard getting the weight off and you look up after a bad couple weeks and gained the weight creeps back up.

I will def be in touch!
  • lizzmiller8
    lizzmiller8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same motivation! Let's do it together!
  • thechicagogal
    thechicagogal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, lizzmiller8. Hopefully we can help each other reach our goals!
  • cleopatra651
    cleopatra651 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished gently "harassing" a few of my MFP friends who haven't logged in for at least a week just 2 days ago. Lol I'm always down for extra support and motivation. Any and all feel free to add me! FYI: feel free to "harass" me back lol.