Strava and HRM vs. MFP

Options
Hey all,
I always cut my cardio calories in half if I'm not wearing my HRM, which is most of the time, because I hate it. But I just did my long run with my HRM synced to Strava and it gave me credit for 2400 cals, which seems, Ya know, insane. MFP puts it at about 500 calories less.
So, my question for all of you is, what would you log for this?
For reference, I was out for 3 hours, 25 minutes, average HR 149 (yikes, too high!), about 700 feet of elevation gain.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    As long as you have your weight settings correct in strava, I would trust it over mfp. Strangely mfp is almost always higher than what my strava import is and I track using my hrm, speed/cadence sensor and a power meter.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    wildtxn wrote: »
    As long as you have your weight settings correct in strava, I would trust it over mfp. Strangely mfp is almost always higher than what my strava import is and I track using my hrm, speed/cadence sensor and a power meter.

Yep, my settings on Strava are right.

Its usually pretty spot on when I'm cycling and I trust it, but this number seems particularly high.
    Thanks for the reply!
  • lddex
    lddex Posts: 1
    Options
    what pace and distance? and why is 149 high for HR. thats a good fat burning zone in my book unless your pace was very slow. Anyway if you were out for 3 1/2 hours then 2,400 sounds about right. Go to Runners world they have a calorie calculator on there that takes in your weight, height, pace, distance and time.