Spaghetti calories

Options
We went to my parents' for dinner and had spaghetti in a homemade tomato-pepper sauce (no meat). I brought my food scale but it had all been mixed together by the time I went for my plate and I really don't know how to guesstimate it/what entry I should use. I had 204 grams and a couple entries I found were in the 110-120 calorie range. Does that sound right?

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There is a whole lot of variation that has to be accounted for. What was the ratio of pasta to sauce? How was the sauce made? With oil? With cheese? Do your parents coat the pasta with oil before adding sauce? 200 grams of cooked pasta (just pasta, no sauce) is roughly 300 calories. Sauce can vary wildly depending on how it was made, but figuring 90 calories for 1/2 cup, about 112 grams, would be an acceptable guess. If you can accurately estimate the weight ratio of pasta to sauce then you can use math to solve the calorie count.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just quick added 200 calories to a spahetti entry. Thanks for the answer, I wish I had been in the kitchen so I'd know to guess it more accurately!