Is that Woman pregnant or fat?

Options
emmaldownie
emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8730106.stm

This article made me giggle!

The tips from the "experts" are hilarious!

Replies

• Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I wouldn't ask a woman if she was pregnant even if she had a Baby Here t shirt and her water broke in front of me. Survival Instinct.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ask a woman if she was pregnant even if she had a Baby Here t shirt and her water broke in front of me. Survival Instinct.

:laugh: You're a wise man, Val!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    TWICE this has happened to me....

:sad: :sad: the DAY I came back from maternity leave with DS a customer asked when I was due.

:sad: :sad: 4 months BEFORE I got pregnant with DD a customer asked if I "knew what I was having"

:angry: NEVER ever ever EVER ask - you can speculate all you want, but NEVER ask.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Of course I can't relate to being asked if I was pregnant, but....

I have a World Cup Jacket that I wear all the time. I get asked often if I coach. They can't concieve that I might still be playing.

I also have three beautifuldaughters and I try to make a point of going out with each of them individually as often as I can. Concerts, etc.

I get a lot of looks like"why is this old man out with such a young girl?" I had a person ask my daughter the other day at a concert, "So? How did you two meet?" My 16 year old replied, "This is my BFF."
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    ,,, I had a person ask my daughter the other day at a concert, "So? How did you two meet?" My 16 year old replied, "This is my BFF."
    Quality stuff, good for you.

I never mention pregnancy unless the woman mentions it first. The one exception would be if I see parts of another human being coming out of her body. Maybe....... Probably not.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LOL that is too funny!
    When I was pregnant, I had twins so I DEFINITELY got comments, BUT one time, when I was only about 5 months preggo, I was already so big that I got faint in a store and had to sit down right there on the floor. Everyone freaked out and thought I was going into labor!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have had it the other way around. Three girls talking in a shop and whilst I was mooching about the shelves, I overheard one of them say "......it could be worse, I could be fat like her" - I turned around to see her pointing at me and her two friends looking lol.

Bully for them, because I was eight months preggers at the time and it was nearly time to drop :laugh:
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't say anything. The self-preservation instinct is too strong.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i goofed last time i was in the uk--i met an old gf in the street with her 2 young children and i looked down and patted her belly and asked when it was due! you got it she wasnt pregnant--i know how to lose friends!!---she could have done the same to me but obviously she has a brain!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Someone told me some good advice about this once....Don't ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you see the baby literally coming out of her....you know :bigsmile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    TWICE this has happened to me....

:sad: :sad: the DAY I came back from maternity leave with DS a customer asked when I was due.

:sad: :sad: 4 months BEFORE I got pregnant with DD a customer asked if I "knew what I was having"

:angry: NEVER ever ever EVER ask - you can speculate all you want, but NEVER ask.

Ugh, isn't that the worst? That had never ever happaned to me (surprisingly so because I tend to carry most of my weight in my mid-section) until two years ago when I had lost 20 pounds. My idiot neighbor at my old apartment said to me as I was coming in "You haven't had that baby yet?". Ok, even if she did think I was pregnant, I most certinaly did NOT look like I was about to go into labor at any minute. I felt soooo awful after that.