i can't lose weight!!!!

Options
Lost 3.5 kg in 10days with a soup diet. After that, i started using mfp, and after 30 days with only a free meal a week and gym 3/4days a week ....i put on 1kg! What the hell is wrong with me???? :s

Replies

• kjjobe
    kjjobe Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are going to the gym a lot it could be muscle mass! Your clothes are the best indicators that you are losing weight... not the scale!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options

We almost always rebound after an extreme diet like the soup diet. It's your metabolism resetting to a normal diet. Don't give up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    ambracasti wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with me???? :s

You did a soup diet.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Log accurately, weigh and measure everything, get some exercise, maintain a deficit and be patient.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did a gimmicky diet and probably lost water weight... which comes back after the diet is over.

Buy a food scale, weigh your food and keep yourself at a deficit and you will lose weight without the gimmick.
  • monasmith58
    monasmith58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hang in and don't give up. You can do it. I know its hard.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What they said the soup diet was probably a lot of water weight and once you stopped, you put it back on. Without more details and looking at your diary its hard to give anything other than generic advice, its not clear what you are doing and the math behind it.

It's important to get the basics right. Doesnt sound like you are and therefore regained water weight, ate more and burned less than you thought.
  • dudeyo
    dudeyo Posts: 4
    Options
    Eat balanced meals, dont skip meals either this actually slows down your metabolism. Things like soup diets you'll lose weight temporarily but also lose muscle.

Going to the gym you'll put on weight at first (muscle), but then your muscles will start burning more calories and you'll see a bigger drop in weight. Make sure to do strength training besides cardio for good results.

Just make sure to keep track of foods.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Take the advice here to heart and stick to it becayse YES YOU CAN!!!