It's so hard to wait for physical changes

Options
2»

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You need to give yourself the 'wows' for not eating that ice cream. You don't need them from other people, you know you're working hard.

Find little things that motivate you before the big changes become noticeable (which they will, with time), whether that's logging for a certain number of days straight, getting your 5-a-day, making time to go to the gym... whatever it is for you. You should be proud of yourself for getting started and making changes which you know will make you happier in the long run.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Yet another day of someone asking me if I'm pregnant. Reaaaally getting sick of that one.

I'm making changes, but it goes very slow. I never used to have to work at being skinny; I just was. Now I'm older, sicker, and married to an overeater. I know that I CAN learn to exercise regularly and stop eating so much junk.

But how do you deal with the crushing sadness of not being able to SHOW your work for so long? The comments? Even the mirror. I just feel defeated. It wont stop me from doing what I need to do.

I think weight loss is just thankless work, until one day you've lost 50 lbs and then suddenly everyone says, wow! You dont get many 'wow's' for not eating that pint of ice cream today. lol

I think you need to be doing it for you, not for the wows from other people.

This. I am very overweight. I am going to be waiting a VERY long time for other people to notice anything. If I were to only feel good if, say, I had to wait until I dropped a jeans size, I would seriously fall right off the wagon. I am just trying to enjoy my life and have fun rather than waiting to feel positive until I see seriously see changes.

I am just thinking very long-term.