Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    rusha90 wrote: »
    sammib929 wrote: »
    I am a grad student and I have been having the hardest time managing my schedule to fit in a workout and the non stop deadlines for homework are ramping up my stress eating...agian. Does anyone have any advice on how to balance life better or keep myself from stress eating?

I completely get DAT as sumone who's pursuin der masters degree too... N I no hw d pressure of studies n d stress can cut into ur workout regime.
    But maybe u cud fix a time for ur workout, everyday , probably early morning .. N stick to it come wat may.. So no matter how busy u are or how stressed out , u don't miss it.. N maybe u won't overeat DAT day out of fear of ruining d gud work.. :-) u can do it!!!

Ouch, my brain.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have been there plus worked full time. I promise if you take an hour to yourself to work out. Your home work study time will be more productive. I have had that brain fog of studying or writing a paper all day. stopping and going to the gym cleared it so I was then able to work harder.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I totally get where you're coming from! When I was getting my master's I worked full-time, had a newborn and a preschooler, and interned during the night at a women's shelter. I used my lunch breaks during the day to get 45 minutes of sleep. Can you walk or use an elliptical machine as you read? After every 45 minutes or so of studying go for a 10 or 15 minute walk.