Losing weight in Pennsylvania!!

Options
hoard23r
hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
Hey anyone else from Pa?? It's hard to get in exercise with this weather! I've joined the YMCA but can't wait for warm weather to walk outside. What are you doing to lose? Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm from PA. I'm just coming back to MFP at the end of this long winter. Fell free at add me.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northeast PA! I joined a gym and try to go 3 x a week or so
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    NE PA here in the Poconos. And we have waaaaay to much snow this year.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm in the Northern part of the Poconos! :)
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm in PA and can't wait for the temps to warm up and all this snow to melt; my walking trail has been covered for way too long now!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @ wizzybeth What part, I am in Blakeslee. I don't make it further north much on a normal week, but I do travel alot for races and such.
  • hoard23r
    Options
    I live in Fayette County in South Western Pa.
  • hoard23r
    Options
    I love the walking trails at Ohiopyle. The waterfall is beautiful. We have Falling Water too.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in western PA! Been hitting the treadmill and doing free weights in the basement. The yard is mostly buried in snow and where there isn't snow, there is MUD. Looking forward to spring, planting stuff, and being thinner than I was last year, woot!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm from NE Pennsylvania. Good to hear from others that are from PA. as well. Spring is almost here. I can almost smell the outdoor cooking now!
  • hoard23r
    Options
    I know I can't wait
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    South East PA here. Looks like I'll get the warmer weather before some of you. :smile: I can't wait for it to warm up for good.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Northwest, Pittsburgh-ish here! I am dying to get out of the gym and get outside, I live close to a state park with a great bike/walking trail and can't wait to be able to use it again. I have rebeled though and as of Monday refuse to wear socks....except for when i'm at the gym! Think warm thoughts!
  • hoard23r
    Options
    We are neighbors I live in Uniontown
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I live in Cumberland county. Taking it slow getting back into exersise.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm from Southwest PA. I was lazy over winter and I'm starting over now.

I hard to exercise outside in PA. Its either freezing, raining, or so hot & muggy that I can't stand it. I'm really sensitive to temperature changes. Heat makes me nauseous and gives me migraines.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Northeast PA. I've still managed to run outside at least twice a week since I started up again January 1st. I'd really rather run in the cold than the heat. Just not on ice. Or if it's below 20. And I hate treadmills more than cold or heat.

There's a small new housing development about a half mile from home, with about a half mile loop around the block with nice wide roads and low traffic. I've been walking (on the snow and ice covered sidewalks) to that area to run laps. I'm sure the people who live there think I'm nuts.

I'm so happy that everything is nearly melted now and I can start running other routes.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    SE PA. It's supposed to get to 50 today and it hit 61 yesterday! I was sooo excited. Although I got a fantastic work out shoveling 10 inches of snow last thursday. :|

I belong to LA Fitness and I lift weights and use the racquetball court. I suck at racquetball, but I have fun chasing the ball around. It is more mentally engaging than the treadmill, and I could use the practice with hand eye coordination. I got a starter kit for $25 so I don't mind sucking at it. :p
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a Lehigh Valley native (first 22 years of my life) and all my family is still there. Except me. In Nebraska. I miss PA! Please say hello to Wawa/Sheetz, Wegmans, and other good Pennsylvania things for me. I get to visit in two weeks! :D
  • marcolbmp
    marcolbmp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm outside of King of Prussia PA, usually work out closer to the Doylestown area though.
    Definitely looking forward to warmer days, this winter just won't let go yet.

Anyone close enough to grab a workout?