How did you get past the stand still points?

Options
It's very inspiring to hear everyone's success stories. Mine is incomplete at the moment. I am 6' tall and weighed 250lbs. 2009 I drop down to 170 from walking hills and eating better. A lot as happened and I have hit a stand still. Like the passing of my dad and falling in love with my fiancé.
And now i am trying to complete my goal of being 140lbs and toned. Which ever one comes first.
How did you guys get past your stand still points of your weight loss journey?

Replies

• 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am no where near my goal, yet. However, I am just now getting back into it after falling off the wagon (again). One thing I did that has kinda helped me, at least in my head is logging in EVERY DAY. I haven't done much good since about Thanksgiving, in fact I have gained some back. I just made sure that I logged in and checked on everyone else's progress. It kinda motivated me to see others doing well and kept my goals at least in sight. It took me a while, but I finally feel like I'm ready to get back with it. Just log in every day so you don't lose sight of what you want to accomplish. It is definitely ONE DECISION AT A TIME... It is NOT all or nothing. Every good decision you make in your journey takes the place of a bad one.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I've taken breaks from calorie cutting. For me the key is acknowledging it is a choice I am making, what the purpose of it is & how long it will last. Thinking these things out makes it a controlled break rather than an out of control free for all with no end in sight.

I'm actually on a break now until 3/16 for medical reasons.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I think pausing is ok, just be careful not to gain much weight? A few days, weeks, months at a pause or eating around maintenance, some fluctuation and then get back to working hard to lose when you feel able to deal with it all.
    It can get tiring and looking at weight management like an all-or-nothing/on the wagon off the wagon situation can be unproductive. It's about making choices and taking responsibility for them, and sometimes the choice is to maintain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!