I want ABS!????

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    ^^this is actually quite humorous and completely made my morning lmao ????????????
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Diet! You can do body weight ab exercises all day long but you gotta eat the right foods too! You have the muscles but you need to reduce body fat then you can build the muscles up. Just takes dedication.

What kind of diet does this include?

When I use the word diet I mean what you eat, not a particular brand of "diet." Basically you need to find out your body fat % and decrease it. To see abs you need a lower % of body fat. Eat a clean diet filled with a healthy portion of Protein, carbs, and fats. I'm a vegetarian but for a meat eater I believe this included lean meats.
    However, If you restrict your calories in an unhealthy way you body will end up storing fat, because it goes into a survival mode. Depending on what energy you expend you need to increase your protein and eat the proper carbs and fats. This can be different for everyone. Everyone is not made the same. If you notice all of these posts are saying basically the same thing. Diet soda, cheese, or the Standard American Diet (SAD) does not create a healthy physique you gotta get out of the box and into the garden.
    You can learn a lot from some googling. Check out bodybuilding sites a lot of them can provide good information of the types of foods to eat. It's all in the kitchen.
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Diet! You can do body weight ab exercises all day long but you gotta eat the right foods too! You have the muscles but you need to reduce body fat then you can build the muscles up. Just takes dedication.

A caloric deficit lol ?

I have a low body fat percentage and no abs. So I figured she meant there was a diet that helped build abs. dummy me! :)
    I guess I need to just build the muscle now. poop.

Sadly, I do think genetics play a certain role. If your body normally carries it's fat n the midsection, then there may be a possibility that your body fat would have to get crazy low in order for a 4 or 6 pack to show. I have noticed in myself and other women I know....right around 20% bf, you get some oblique definition. 4 or 6 pack abs seem to come with lower than 20%

Totally disagree with you. The reason she still got fat and not 'toned' (hate to use that word but i mean low body fat) is she prolly dropped her calories way to low and didn't know how to diet correctly.. Hence alot of people turn skinny fat not ripped! As for abs showing at higher bodyfat, it depends if you're muscles are well developed (by training and hard work) you'll have thick muscles that will show at a higher body fat! So i think it's better if you said it depends on how well are your muscles developed ?

Whoah I am not fat, or "skinny fat" actually I have a 4 year old... And I'm pretty sure thee only way I can make my mid section firm is by working on my abs/core... I'm a bike rider /mountain biker. My whole bottom half is excellent from the hips down.. Which makes sense since I hit the bike hard.. I like HIT but I'm sure it's not the only thing that will give me what I want. My arms are pretty toned from biking as well it's straight up my mid section. Since I lost the weight having had a baby shows twice as more.... Had I not bore a child previously I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in this situation .

Girl just hit those abs, if you feel your body fat is good. I've had 3 boys and a 4 pack was my fav part of my body. I lost it in graduate school and am on my way back to it and then some! I cycle all the time and love the legs, butt, and arms it gives me, but you are right it isn't the ab producer you would want it to be. Put this in your ab workout mix http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8d52Pfn21rhlmkxo1_400.jpg
    Definitely don't do the same ab routine every time. Your body will get used to it and you won't get the same results. Bodyrock.tv has a few HIIT ab workouts that are good, also mix in the p90x ab workout, nike training app is free and has get focused workouts.

If your body fat is good then just hit the workout. Just make sure you hit your entire core, from back to front! The front is what we like to see but we want it all to be strong for health and support.

Good luck girl!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

A caloric deficit lol ?

I have a low body fat percentage and no abs. So I figured she meant there was a diet that helped build abs. dummy me! :)
    I guess I need to just build the muscle now. poop.

Sadly, I do think genetics play a certain role. If your body normally carries it's fat n the midsection, then there may be a possibility that your body fat would have to get crazy low in order for a 4 or 6 pack to show. I have noticed in myself and other women I know....right around 20% bf, you get some oblique definition. 4 or 6 pack abs seem to come with lower than 20%

Totally disagree with you. The reason she still got fat and not 'toned' (hate to use that word but i mean low body fat) is she prolly dropped her calories way to low and didn't know how to diet correctly.. Hence alot of people turn skinny fat not ripped! As for abs showing at higher bodyfat, it depends if you're muscles are well developed (by training and hard work) you'll have thick muscles that will show at a higher body fat! So i think it's better if you said it depends on how well are your muscles developed ?

Whoah I am not fat, or "skinny fat" actually I have a 4 year old... And I'm pretty sure thee only way I can make my mid section firm is by working on my abs/core... I'm a bike rider /mountain biker. My whole bottom half is excellent from the hips down.. Which makes sense since I hit the bike hard.. I like HIT but I'm sure it's not the only thing that will give me what I want. My arms are pretty toned from biking as well it's straight up my mid section. Since I lost the weight having had a baby shows twice as more.... Had I not bore a child previously I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in this situation .

Girl just hit those abs, if you feel your body fat is good. I've had 3 boys and a 4 pack was my fav part of my body. I lost it in graduate school and am on my way back to it and then some! I cycle all the time and love the legs, butt, and arms it gives me, but you are right it isn't the ab producer you would want it to be. Put this in your ab workout mix http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8d52Pfn21rhlmkxo1_400.jpg
    Definitely don't do the same ab routine every time. Your body will get used to it and you won't get the same results. Bodyrock.tv has a few HIIT ab workouts that are good, also mix in the p90x ab workout, nike training app is free and has get focused workouts.

If your body fat is good then just hit the workout. Just make sure you hit your entire core, from back to front! The front is what we like to see but we want it all to be strong for health and support.

Good luck girl!

Your awesome for this.l exactly what I needed to here thank you love bug????????????
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You need a low body fat % to see abs. How low will depend on the size of your abs. They can be trained just like other muscles to build some size to them. You need to progressively add resistance though. Doing 5 set of 50 crunches is going to be a great endurance exercise but is not going to be great for adding any size to them. You would be much better off adding some weights or other resistance to them and trying to grow them. 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps is a good range for building. If you can do more than that then its time to add more resistance. Some people dont even do isolated core work and have well developed abs. It will really depend on each person and what your fitness program is like.

You also have to understand that visible abs are not easy to achieve or maintain.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have found a sandbags to be very helpful to just have something heavy to lift--cheap, easy, adjustable, good for a small space (or lack of motivation to store barbell and weights). I do a modified StrongLifts program and it doesn't take that long, but it's demanding. I do a combination of workout A and workout B, 7-10 reps each. I'm also trying to be more intentional about my protein intake. Im also trying to consume more calories for building strength in my upper body. I'm probably 21%, down from about 26% this winter. Circuit training is helpful as well. Try downloading Nike Training Club (free app for women with videos of how to do all the moves). Good luck!