Eating back calories from exercising

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You guys are helpful, thanks! I have another question (sorry if my questions are dumb, I'm new!) - would the fact that I have mostly been doing cardio workouts have anything to do with my feeling full?
    I've only really done weights with my 10lbs at home but my workout at the gym is all cardio.

Exercise will cause increases in your metabolism which can lead to hunger signals... its a natural response.

I would suggest start doing more weight training and less cardio. While cardio is important there are a lot more benefits to a good weight training program; muscle retention, strength gains, helps prevent osteoporosis. The only downside to weight training is it makes you hungry.... at least for me. I get 2500 calories and I am still starving.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't eat back, you should only eat back if you are at the correct weight!
    this is non sense.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Um No.......... I eat back my exercise calories and always have... You fuel your body to do the workouts.. Unless I have been doing this all wrong.... creating to large of a deficit can have a negative effect....
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    this is non sense.

that's probably why you're fat