100 Push up Challange

Options
I am starting the 100 Push up challenge today but one website has you doing push ups every day and another over three days a week.

As this is strength training is it best to have a rest day every other day or press ahead (pun intended) and do day after day ?

This is the link to three days a week http://www.hundredpushups.com/ which I intend to follow.

Your thoughts please folks.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    The one to 3 days a week is better. Just noting that for most being able to do that many push ups works more on muscle endurance and not strength. It will work on strength initially, but later translates to endurance training.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I did that challenge once just so that I could say that I did it. I used the site you posted.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I did the three days a week version and it worked. It took me a LOT longer than 6 weeks though!
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ok Thanks for replies good people :D
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I would not do them everyday, unless they already are part of your exercise routine. Got over enthusiastic about bodyweight training a while ago, including lots of push-ups, planks and other exercises like this, and the result was the weakest point payed the price: my wrist. A month in a splint to recover :(