How much do I weigh? My scale one tell me

Options
My scale has a personality of its own and it's being a indecisive little brat. What the hell number do I go with? I weighed so many times just because it was fascinating how much it changed

ucma4km.jpg

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why step on so many times?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord...body weight fluctuates constantly...weight isn't static...nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs.

Step away from the scale...pick a weigh in day and weigh in at the same time and under roughly the same conditions on that selected day and watch the trends.
  • Fitness_I_want_it
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Why step on so many times?
    Because it was different each time and she wanted tge right answer >:)

• Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Oh good lord...body weight fluctuates constantly...weight isn't static...nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs.

Step away from the scale...pick a weigh in day and weigh in at the same time and under roughly the same conditions on that selected day and watch the trends.

This was all within a couple minutes man. Not like "oh no this day I'm this. And this day I'm that!" When my number fluctuates within a matter of a minute, it's hard to know what to go with us nah I'm sayin
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Step on the scale, check the number and move on with your day. No need to weigh multiple times
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too. I just take the first number and use that. I thought using a scale with tenths would be more accurate but it does vary when you step on it multiple times.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My scale was giving me different readings every time I stepped on it. I changed the battery and now it stays at a constant number no matter how many times I step on it. Anyways, I would just pick the lowest weight.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    How can it fluctuate so much within a matter of a minute or two? I didn't just poop. Or eat a thanksgiving dinner. I just stepped off and back on. Crazy. Scales suck
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My guess is your body is being influenced by the full moon's gravitational pull.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do see the OP's point though - just as a matter of interest.

I wouldn't have expected that amount of fluctuation in the space of 7 minutes. If the scales were to be believed - the OP gained 3.3 lbs in the space of 5 minutes (08:32 to 08:37)... and then lost almost all of it again 2 minutes later.

Yes, of course - weigh once, record it, and get on with the day - but it was interesting to see the variations...
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    for me, i'd take the lowest number ;) however, you can just average the ones that you have. From now on, just step on once and call it a day.
  • Edgec0mb
    Edgec0mb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought only mine did that... You're not alone in this! Scales are evil and they want your sanity destroyed!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    My guess is your body is being influenced by the full moon's gravitational pull.

Please tell me this is a joke...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Mine does this too.
    Consider a range you weigh between 237 and 239. As you continue the weight loss the range will go down.
    . Meanwhile do your measurements as well.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I do see the OP's point though - just as a matter of interest.

I wouldn't have expected that amount of fluctuation in the space of 7 minutes. If the scales were to be believed - the OP gained 3.3 lbs in the space of 5 minutes (08:32 to 08:37)... and then lost almost all of it again 2 minutes later.

Yes, of course - weigh once, record it, and get on with the day - but it was interesting to see the variations...

Exactly my point! I'm not obsessing over the numbers really. I usually only weigh once or twice. Not this many times. But I saw the more I got on the more it changed and I was like "huh? I haven't...done anything different since I stepped on. How can I change that much". It peaked my curiosity. I'll probably just weigh again later and go with the lowest number.

I'm using a Fitbit aria if anybody was curious
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Scales can be off slightly depending on how you are standing on it, is the floor perfectly even, there's many reasons it can vary.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's a cheap scale. Get a new one ... OR Make sure you weigh on a completely flat surface. Not on carpet or uneven hardwood.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My scale does this. If I were you, I'd take the 237.5 because it came up three times in a row. I step on the scale multiple times, and stop when I get a number that keeps popping up.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The only time I've ever had a scale vary this much in such a short amount of time it either wasn't sitting on a completely flat surface or something as small as crumb on one of the foot pedals.