Struggling to eat properly :-(

Options
Hi all...I would love some help please. I have trying to lose weight since 12th January and have been losing around 1-2 pounds per week. I am loving MFP for meeting lots of people going through the same as me. I recently had a few problems and deleted my account and lost everything :-( I'm just after a bit of advice really as my appetite in recent weeks has pretty much diminished and I'm having to force myself to eat properly, it's crazy! I never had this problem with food before and am feeling very low as a result. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks so much in advance x

Replies

• Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued as to what you mean exactly, it sounds as though you are struggling to meet your calorie goals??

Without a bit more info. it is going to be hard to get meaningful advice and suggestions to help....also too it would really help others to be able to see your diary.

I hope you pick this up reappearing as it was pretty deep into the motivation/support area.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    try drinking your calories for a while, using nutritional shakes (like boost), or milk. Try eating more calorie dense foods, like peanut butter to help get enough calories in. You'll be okay. My husband doesnt eat much when he is stressed, and he relies on nuts, granola bars, and juice to keep his weight up.
  • Happy_flowers
    Happy_flowers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks both for the replies, they are very helpful. Spreyton22k -I will change my diary settings. I am struggling to meet my calorie goals but don't feel hungry at all like I used to eating very little. Melimomtardis- thank you-I hadn't thought of trying a shake and milk, that will probably help a lot and I have been stressed a bit lately. Thank you again I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    good advice above

If you are having a tough time getting the calories in then a stay away from "diet" foods. Go for full fat milk, yogurt, cheese, whatever else. Eat some more calorie dense foods : peanut butter, avacado, nuts are a few easy examples. People who struggle to eat enough usually have pretty low fat intake, at 9 calories per gram upping your fat a bit is the easiest way to increase calorie intake.
  • Happy_flowers
    Happy_flowers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you 4legsrbetterthan2, that's great advice. I will try and consume more calorie dense foods today. I did have peanut butter for breakfast, it was only a teaspoon but will help. Thanks again.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Just caught up with this again.....family reunion and different time zone. Sorry to read that you are suffering with stress and that can certainly put a dent in your appetite.

I totally agree with the others about instituting some changes as shakes (even if that is just short term) and ditch the low fat options and go for denser, whole food.

Hopefully in time this stress you are under will pass....maybe get outside help if that seems appropriate. Taking time out too could help you as well....a long walk, meditation or a long soak in the bath.

I would also be cautious about your calorie deficit as you only have 16 lbs to lose....that close to goal weight a .5 lb per week loss is better than going gung-ho and trying for 2 lbs per week.

Best wishes.
    Karen