Protein shakes!!

Options
My gym does a diet replacement shake (mitonics) and I wondered if this is actually beneficial to me? I do a lot of cardio at the gym but I still weight/resistance train. I'm looking to loose weight and after trying my first shake this morning I noticed it made me feel abit sickly and u had little appetite after which was good! However the drink was a little under 300 Cals with 37g apparently of protein I can't remember the carbs and stuff but is this just extra calories I don't need? And how often should I have these?

Replies

• jimboodee2
    jimboodee2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know this as its at my gym also and some mornings very early and could have this prior to my breakfast that would be a few hours later
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Looks like a marketing gimmick. If you want/have the need for extra protein a couple scoops of most whey proteins mixed with water will get you 40-50g of protein with 250 or so calories at lower cost.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Great, now they're making more money off you. Unless you're lacking in protein and having a hard time meeting your goal, then you don't need them.