Looking for strength tracker app

yirara
yirara Posts: 9,839 Member
Can anyone recommend me an app for strength training tracking? I don't want to post the results on a website but only have an overview of the last weight I managed to do. The stronglifts app is nice in that I can mark sucessful attempts and get graphs, but what is missing: I cannot add further exercises and I cannot change the order.

I'm really looking for something simple where I add the exercises and number of reps to a table. Then when working out change the weight and mark successes or failures. Does something like that exist?

Replies

• prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Not sure if it fits exactly to your specific criteria, but you might want to take a look at fitocracy.
    You can copy / paste previous workouts and change the reps / sets.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    I use JeFit on my android - I think there's an iOS version as well
  • yirara
    Yes, I looked at fitocracy. I don't have internet at the gym, thus an online service doesn't help me. I just need a very basic data base or spreadsheet, really as I always forget which weights I used last time, and which worked and didn't work.
  • yirara
    I'll check out jefit, Diagnor, thanks a lot.
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Diagor, how do I create a custom workout? I can create a folder for a custom workout, but don't seem to be able to attach any specific exercises to it.

edit: finally found it. it's not really intuitive, and also the workflow on their website doesn't fit the current layout of the app.

Is there a way I can prevent this app from posting information online? It's only meant for me and not for showing off.
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    not sure what kind of phone you have, but iPhones have the "numbers" app for a very basic spreadsheet.
    I went through the exact same thing as you and I installed all kinds of apps to find something simple and easy to use. then deleted them all when I realized I could just use "numbers."

(if on android, maybe try specifically searching for a spreadsheet app if you haven't yet)
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I'll check out Numbers. I indeed am using an iphone.

edit: bummer, it requires iOS 8, which I cannot install yet. It's a company phone and OS updates need to be approved first.