Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AM Workouts

chrisc2006
chrisc2006 Posts: 21 Member
edited 3:35AM in Fitness and Exercise
I was just wondering if you workout in the morning what time do you start your day. I've been thinking as much as I hate sweating 1st thing in the morning this is going to be the best time for me. Evenings just don't work out well something always seems to come up or the time just runs out in the evening. My issue is I need to have my daughter and I out of the house by 7:20 so when trying to calculate what time to get up and workout for 45-55mins I'm going to need to be up at 4:30-4:45am. Anyone else up this early, please let me know I need the motivation

Replies

• Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Hey Chris

I'm not quite up at 4:45am but am up at 5:30 every morning. I start work at 8am and get an hours walking in before I leave for work every day, Monday to Friday

You get used to it quite quickly but I would only recommend doing this if you go to bed at a reasonable hour :)
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    YEP!!! And its GREAT!!! Gets your day started so nicely. On cardio only days I am up at 5:30 to be at the gym to 5:50, but on cardio/weight lift days I am up at 4:45 so I can be at the gym around 5:00. You can do it girl. The first couple of times will be the hardest and then it gets easier.
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    YEP!!! And its GREAT!!! Gets your day started so nicely. On cardio only days I am up at 5:30 to be at the gym to 5:50, but on cardio/weight lift days I am up at 4:45 so I can be at the gym around 5:00. You can do it girl. The first couple of times will be the hardest and then it gets easier.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    I only work out in the morning when I am getting off of shift at 7 am... I work mainly night shifts, so morning is a four letter word.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I get up at 5am to work out ... I dreaded the very thought when I first considered it but now that I do it I wish I'd started a long time ago. I feel great the whole rest of the day! Good luck to you :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    so i've only done one AM workout so far but my goal is to get in 2-3 each week...actually tues and fris i am going to am classes at the gym but if i can get my *kitten* up on a mon i would do that class too....
    this week i got up tues at 535 and made it to the gym for the 6am class...was back home in my shower after stopping for gas at 715am and on my way out the door after getting 2 kids and myself ready (with help from my husband) by 815....
    all in all it worked out great...tomorrow i am going again at 540 for the 6am class and i am actually looking forward to it...i have been getting to bed a bit earlier than my typical time but nothing outrageous like 9pm lol...i'm usually in bed asleep by 1230-1am and the last few weeks i've been getting to bed by 11 and falling asleep by 1130ish???

i can run on like 6hrs of sleep or less with no major issues so for now i'm gonna do the 2 am classes just so i can ensure i get in my 5 days a week...

good luck, get your stuff ready the night before if possible and then it will make it that much easier to actually get up and DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    I have to get my butt out of bed at about 4:30 to make it to the gym before work...its hard sometimes BUT i gatta do it!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I'm up at 5a, exercise 30 to 45min, shower, get into work around 7a out of work by 4p. I feel great all day and have more time after work. It's just getting into the mind set just like watching what you eat, at first it kind of sucks but then it becomes routine. Good luck!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I am up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:00am every day as I have to be out of the house by 8am. Not as early as you but your body gets used to it. I love working out in the mornings and I know that if I don't workout in the morning it won't get done lol
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    I am no help. I hate mornings. I hate working out in the mornings even more. I don't get as good of a workout as I do during the day or evening. Though I do it three times a month, and not consistantly, so my body's never adjusted. If it's your only time to work out, you have to commit to it.

I agree with GO TO BED EARLY.

GOOD LUCK!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It definitely gets easier. I don't have to get up as early as most posting here. Earliest to work out I have to wake up is maybe 7. My gym doesn't open 'til 7 so on days I work earlier (7:15), I don't work out in the morning. This morning I didn't have to be to work 'til 10 so I got up at 8:15, got dressed & ready, ran for 30 minutes, showered, did my makeup and got dressed. Threw some mousse in my hair and was out the door at 9:40 to be work 8 minutes early! :happy: I was feeling very tired and laggy during my run and I admit it was NOT one of my best runs... but I feel very energized right now and am glad I got my butt out of bed and just DID it. I also work out at night but I'm currently trying to get more cardio in to push the last 20 lbs. that I seem to be having difficulty with.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    5:30 am. I have to be done no later then 6:25 in order to get kids and self out the door on time. Luckily I have a short commute and no longer have to schlep kids to school (one can now walk and the other takes the bus). Its hard but I manage to do this at least 3x during the week. I also get up around 6-6:30 weekends to exercise - I like the quiet of the house or neighborhood if I go out for a run.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    I am no help. I hate mornings. I hate working out in the mornings even more. I don't get as good of a workout as I do during the day or evening. Though I do it three times a month, and not consistantly, so my body's never adjusted. If it's your only time to work out, you have to commit to it.

I agree with GO TO BED EARLY.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm with you on this one. I end up not being able to spend as much time with the family in the evenings however the thought of getting up any earlier than I already do (5am) is frightening to me. Not to mention that my husband leaves for work at 4:30 so to get a workout in before he leaves would mean getting up no later than 3am, no thank you.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    I LOVE my morning workouts and I used to be the worst morning person on earth! One week I just forced myself to get up at 6am and do a 30 Day Shred before work every day and I've never looked back!

I only manage a 30 min workout in a morning and usually have time to workout at either lunch or in the evening but it gives me so much energy for the rest of the day that I can't imagine staying in bed now! :)
    -x-x-
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    I have just recently started working out in the mornings....I get up at 5 to either walk/run, dance, or do some yoga (depending on what I am feeling lol). I just had to find the spot ot fit it in now, since my 5 year old has his activities in the evenings, and once he goes to bed, i am zonked. so my workout from from 6pm to 5am. It sucks at first but you really get used to it pretty quick.
  • chrisc2006
    chrisc2006 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks so much for the responses, its definitely given me the incentive to give it a shot. I'll report back soon and let you know how I'm doing. Hopefully I'll find out I've got more energy throughout the day
    Thanks again
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Wow... I am impressed with all of you early morning exercisers.

I work out every morning before work too (at home in my family room), but I always end up being the last person in my office to show up and the last to go home. Then I work out at Taekwondo class almost every day after work. I just get up when I get up without setting my alarm. I get up between 6:30 to 8:00 am depending on how tired I am and how much sun is coming through my blinds.

I keep saying I'm going to get up earlier so I can come home from work earlier to spend more time with my kids and give my husband a break from watching them. But I just can't get myself out of bed.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    I love working out in the mornings... I agree with many others, you just need to get used to it. I'm up at 5am, in the shower about 6:15am, make breakfast & get on computer until about 7am, finish getting ready for work & out the door about 7:30am or so. I don't have a set time to be at work, so I can be a little flexible if need be.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents as well. I was getting up at 5 to run 3 miles (normally get up at 5:45 verrrrrry reluctantly) but today I got up at 4:45 to do 4 miles. It depends on the kind of workout you want, too. If you just want to pop in a DVD and do 20 minutes - every bit helps! I too find that working out in the morning energizes me for the day - I just have to make sure I lay out my running clothes the night before so I can stumble into the bathroom and get dressed easily!
This discussion has been closed.