What can I eat?

Options
So, I heard that I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't eat more calories than I should. Is that true? Will I lose pounds if I only exercise and never cross my calorie limit? Greetings x

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Yes. No one is telling you that you will also stay healthy by paying no attention to what you eat and never exercising, but calories are all that matter to lose weight.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes its true. Beware that excercise doesn't burn as many calories as you might imagine- about half what it says in the database.

Also, although you can eat whatever you want within the calorie limit, you will get a lot more volume of food for your allowance, as well as more nutrients if your diet is mainly healthy foods- fruit, veg, lean protein, good fats- with treat kept to smaller portions.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes. That isn't saying eat nothing but pizza, ice cream, and chips every day. Focus on nutrient-dense foods, and work treats into your calories in moderation. But when it comes down to weight loss (I'm sorry, everyone, I'm going to say it), a calorie is a calorie.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Yes. That isn't saying eat nothing but pizza, ice cream, and chips every day. Focus on nutrient-dense foods, and work treats into your calories in moderation. But when it comes down to weight loss (I'm sorry, everyone, I'm going to say it), a calorie is a calorie.
    BOOM!! The truth shall set you free!!!
  • profilce
    profilce Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! Well I mostly eat veggies,fruits, I drink lots of water, meat and eggs. But I do eat small portions of um example apple pie homemade but not always. So I think it's okay? And I also exercise a lot.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You probably can't eat babies. I heard those are for atheists alone. :wink:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    BOOM!! The truth shall set you free!!!
    Oh no you said it :s Let the massacre commence :p
    I agree with that though, forgetting all other nutritional attributes; a calorie is a calorie.
    You can enjoy what you want as long as it fits in your day.
    Just remember that (for example) 100 cal of grapes gives you more to eat that 100 cal of chocolate =)

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever you want. i had 3 pieces of pizza today. after i take my walk, ill still be in the green LOL
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat anything to your calorie defecit

How's your calorie intake coming along? Have you successfully upped it?

What about the resistance training you were planning to incorporate? Started yet?

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

No, that's Satanists not Atheists, we don't eat babies.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »

:laugh:

• Sued0nim
    Options
    jelly-baby_o_337889.jpg
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    profilce wrote: »
    So, I heard that I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't eat more calories than I should. Is that true?

Yes
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You were told you could eat any types of food you like as long as you stay within your calorie limit in at least one of your previous threads three days ago.
  • profilce
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What about the resistance training you were planning to incorporate? Started yet?

My mum's helping me with calories! she's making food with lots of calories and it's going pretty well. I still eat small portions but they have lots of calories. And I feel happy now! About training, I haven't started it yet because of school stuff but next week I will!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

That's not what I've heard. XD I prefer low-fat baby, to be honest.
  • profilce
    Options

:laugh:

• Sued0nim
    Options
    profilce wrote: »

My mum's helping me with calories! she's making food with lots of calories and it's going pretty well. I still eat small portions but they have lots of calories. And I feel happy now! About training, I haven't started it yet because of school stuff but next week I will!

606798511.jpg
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Yikes! I dont eat babies, or do ANYTHING in the name of my non-religion.

I dont do things. I dont go to church, I dont pray, I dont talk about god with my kids, I dont feel guilty, I dont read the bible/other religious texts regularly, I dont ask others to pray for me, I dont believe everything I hear. AND I DONT EAT BABIES.

I do science a little... for fun.