who needs to lose 100+ lbs

Options

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just want to say that you can do it! I've lost 155lbs, it took me around 2 years of actively losing to get where I am :) It always seems impossible until it's done. I set small goals along the way, which were all achievable. They added up!

Congratulations. Are you referring to your pic when you say "that woman up there?" I think she looks great!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    55 down, at least 55 to go.
  • tlmeyn
    Options
    Hello there.....I've lost from 330 pounds to 266.2 . Always looking to keep motivation moving. Would like to lose so much more!

That's amazing. Keep going! I will make you my inspiration!
  • tlmeyn
    Options
    Peggyforde wrote: »
    Please add me to this group, I don't have a timeline, but my goal is 160 and I'm currently 262. I'm on synthroid 150 and I'm 58 years old, much more difficult to lose weight than when I was younger. My goal is to feel better, knees, energy - I'm a Nana to 3 grandchildren and I want to play with them without aches afterwards and being able to get down on the floor with them and not need a piece of furniture to help me up. Need the support of people going through the same struggle.

I feel you. I am 51 and it's not as easy as before. I have lose 100 lbs before and 50, but now it seems to want to stay!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just want to say that you can do it! I've lost 155lbs, it took me around 2 years of actively losing to get where I am :) It always seems impossible until it's done. I set small goals along the way, which were all achievable. They added up!

Congratulations. Are you referring to your pic when you say "that woman up there?" I think she looks great!

Thanks, no "That woman up there" is the person I was, as described in the previous paragraph. Back when I was a few king size chocolate bars from even more serious medical problems.

My profile photo was taken last week, I've been maintaining now since the middle of last year.

• melaniebenz
    melaniebenz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this. Just started the app yesterday. I have 131 lbs to lose. Over the last few years I lost 106 lbs but gained back 31 of that so now it's time to get serious & get this done!! Any friends & motivation would be appreciated.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i want to lose atleast 100 lbs by december. I have a goal of 60 by july. I coul use all the support and friends to keep me on tract.

It's usually pretty aggressive to average anything more than 1.5 - 2 lbs/week. So given a whole year, you could lose anywhere from 52 to 104 lbs, but that's given a whole year.

I'm not saying this to be discouraging, but I started at 340lbs in November 2012. It's March 2015 and I've managed to get myself to 250lbs. That took a little over 2 years to maintain a loss of 90lbs. Don't get me wrong, I could have done it quicker but I've kept it off and I haven't really gained any thing either, except for normal fluctuations. From experience, it takes a lot of time and patience and commitment to lose that kind of weight. It's not easy to but it's worth it to stick to it.

Please know that I understand how you feel - I really do. I weighed 340lbs . . . that's BIG. But to keep the weight off long term, it has to be done in a healthy way. So you have until December to lose 100lbs, that 10 months meaning you'd have to lose and keep off 10 lbs/month, or 2.5 lbs per week. Meaning you'd need to be in a net deficit of 8,750 calories/week, or 1, 250 calories/day.

I'm really not saying this to discourage anyone, I'm just saying be realistic and be honest with yourself. Can you really eat (and enjoy!) at a deficit of 1, 250 calories/day? Maybe at first, but you'd have to be burning a heck of a lot of calories and VERY, VERY wisely choosing your foods to get there. Realistically, I eat about 2,000 calories/day. A deficit of about 750 for my height and weight. That works out to be 5,250 calories or about 1.5 lbs/week lost.

If you ever want to reach out, please do so. I've been there, I'm still there. I want to hit onederland at one point in my life before I have children so I get the struggle - I'm there. I'm up at 4:30 to go to the gym 4 - 5 days/week. I run and I push myself until I feel like I can't run anymore. I'm doing everything I can to keep losing. It's not easy, but you have to be committed and determined that you want it. YOU. HAVE. TO. WANT. IT. There's nothing else to be done if you only kind of sort of thought maybe this is something you should do.

I'm always here to chat, vent, laugh, cry, whatever you need. It's a tough road.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I don't have a timeline, I just want to get it done! I don't know my highest weight, but highest KNOWN weight was 242, I want to lose exactly 100 from that.
  • knkirk09
    knkirk09 Posts: 15
    Options
    Me! I need to lose about 120. Feel free to add me!
  • beenakhan2015
    Options
    Ok, so I've been with my trainer for 3 months now, and although I have yet to lose any weight at all I do feel better. But I'm so frustrated with not losing any weight. I feel like giving up cuz there's no point. Some clothes that used to fit for some weird reason don't fit now and those that didn't do fit. I'm in it for a year and would like to lose 50 lbs but I haven't lost any at all yet and I'm following the diet plan too that he set up for me. I'm so lost I don't know what to do!!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've been with my trainer for 3 months now, and although I have yet to lose any weight at all I do feel better. But I'm so frustrated with not losing any weight. I feel like giving up cuz there's no point. Some clothes that used to fit for some weird reason don't fit now and those that didn't do fit. I'm in it for a year and would like to lose 50 lbs but I haven't lost any at all yet and I'm following the diet plan too that he set up for me. I'm so lost I don't know what to do!!

Sorry to hear you haven't lost any weight, yet. You say you are following the "diet" plan your trainer laid out, but are you really honest with yourself about what you're eating?

Some people might say oh you're gaining muscle . . . but not necessarily true. You are losing inches, as you mentioned. In order to keep losing, you seriously have to eat less than you're burning. And that's the bottom line, really. You have to be honest about what you're eating and it's super easy to eat more than you think you are, I've done it many times.

And the "starvation mode" is a complete myth! Please do not allow anyone to tell you that you need to eat more to lose. You need to eat at a deficit to lose, bottom line.
  • kcwwoa
    kcwwoa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. I am new to MFP and am slowly learning the ropes. I weight 350 and would like to get down to 170. I am 57 years old and YES it is insanely hard to lose weight as you age. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at least half of who I am now. I need to lose at least 150 pounds. I'm starting with aiming for 100 by the end of the year. Thats roughly one pound every 3 days. Which is TOTALLY doable. I need to be able to run around like a crazy person and chase after my son when he is old enough. Thats my goal. To be a good example for him.
  • rosannachristine1957
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was at 279 on December 29,2014. I am now 257 on March 11,2015. I set myself up to succeed within the 5 weeks MyFitnessPal given me. I understand my weight loss is long term and I strive to acheive my 5 week goal. Once I hit that I move on down to the next 5 week goal. I am looking at losing at least 10 lbs by April 27,2015. My long term goal is 150-180 lbs
  • jam52866
    jam52866 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
  • jam52866
    jam52866 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    UGHHH, don't know what I did wrong before!
    WE CAN DO THIS!! I would like to loose close to 100 lbs. I'm reminded of a saying " we do it better when we do it together!"
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Add me everyone! I need to lose 100+ pounds. I've finally entered the 2 hundreds team. Slowly I'll be in the 1hundreds. Follow my journey and I'll follow yours :) skinny b*tch in the making ;)
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • lanalia77
    Options
    Please add me im new to this and need to lose at least 150lbs i am only 30 and am sadly to say at 268lbs now i have a long slow journey ahead of myself and am looking for people to support me that i can also support.
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Best of luck, feel free to add me :)