Workout wardrobe! Suggestions ladies?

Options

Replies

• DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Most of my stuff is Target/Old Navy. BUT I love love love Athleta for running capris. They have interior drawstrings, and little pockets, plus reflective bits for running outside.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I really love BCG brand from Academy Sports. It comes with a very reasonable price tag and lasts (trust me, I am ROUGH on my work out clothes).
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    I like fun shirts from Woot!
    And I am a big geek so ThinkGeek.com 1963_dice_yoga_pants.jpg

I wanted to put pictures in but Woot is wonky about its artwork.

I know these aren't "traditional" workout clothes but they make me feel empowered, and that's what matters right?

(bras are another story. I hate finding workout bras....)

What an awesome site!!! I shall be using this...not necessarily for things to work out in :):):)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I also have picked up stuff from Winners. My yoga pants I got from Old Navy. I go for bright, too. I've got several tops in neon green, pinks, purple, and blue. My neon pink shoes can be seen from space. Since my skinnier self has loads of wobbly surplus skin, I'm partial to snug fitting spandex. I also picked me up one of these:
    FlipBelt_NeonGreen-625x417.jpg
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have workout gear for cold weather - leggings and tops and jackets from mainly BCG at Academy and C9 from Target. And I have workout gear for hot weather - that is skorts from several places, but my favorites are from Sam's Club (I need to head there soon) that come out about once a year in early spring, with HeatGear tops from UnderArmor (mostly bought at the thrifts) and OmniFreeze tops from Columbia (mostly bought on sale/clearance from outdoorsy/athletic stores).

My running bras. . .Moving Comfort, Glamorize, the Vicky's Secret line, and Champion, which are perfectly good knockoffs of Moving Comfort bras for half the price.

Uhm, random things. . .I have running googles from Zenni Optical, where it was $50 for a really nice pair. I like to wear buff headbands or half-buffs folded to be headbands whenever I run - in winter it helps under my hat for warmth and in summer it catches my sweat. I use shoelace clips (I think they were called "bow-biters" when we were kids) instead of tying my laces, because my feet are wide, and even in the right shoes (EE), I still don't have a lot of lace left to tie. I have two soft reflectory straps that go on my arm and ankle and several (they're cheap on Ebay) flashing LED armbands. I have the lightest headband I could find - it doesn't really illuminate the road for me, but it does make me easier to see.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I also have picked up stuff from Winners. My yoga pants I got from Old Navy. I go for bright, too. I've got several tops in neon green, pinks, purple, and blue. My neon pink shoes can be seen from space. Since my skinnier self has loads of wobbly surplus skin, I'm partial to snug fitting spandex. I also picked me up one of these:

WUT IS THAT!!! AND WHERE CAN I GET IT!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I think you mean:
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

And this is what I found:
    http://flipbelt.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/FlipBelt-Worlds-Running-Fitness-Workout/dp/B00GT388KG
  • jgnatca
    Options
    LOL that's about my reaction when I saw one. Forget waiting for it to go on sale! Mine oddly enough was on sale at Source, an electronics store.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    But what does it do?!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    It's a pocket. Keep your ID, iPhone, and keys with you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Do you wear it on the outside?
  • Josalinn
    Options
    It's a pocket. Keep your ID, iPhone, and keys with you.
    This might actually be my mom's birthday gift
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think you got lots of good suggestions. I love Old Navy, and Target the most (most cost effective other than Walmart). Though if you want name brand stuff...check out TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls...and those kind of stores. Another suggestion, I live in Portland (Oregon) and I've found the Goodwills always have SUPER cheap Nike stuff here. I suspect it has something to do with the fact the world headquaters is located here. I only wear Nike bras, and ones I used to pay $40 for...I almost ALWAYS only pay $5-7 for them here. Usually new with tags on them.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee shopping at Marshall's, Ross and TJ MAXX for workout gear... It's so cheap!
  • sophzhr
    sophzhr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am now getting way WAY too excited over workout gear :wink: Thanks for the fab suggestions people! From the replies I've received here you must all look a hell of a lot more awesome working out than I do :wink:
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in as a die hard lulu fan. I just love their products. Yes, they are pricey, but I have pants that are 10 years old and still look great. (I always hang dry my work out gear) No chafe seams, awesome wicking ability and durable fabrics.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »

I think you mean:
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

And this is what I found:
    http://flipbelt.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/FlipBelt-Worlds-Running-Fitness-Workout/dp/B00GT388KG

that's exactly what it is.

my question I think beyond that is "is it hi-vis retroreflective"
    because I've been needing- and does it bounce a lot?

Bouncing would be bad to me.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Athleta is where I go when I have extra money and want to treat myself. I got their catalog in the mail last week. Yep I have basically dog-eared every page. HA

I love the stuff from road runner sports and REI for running. I did find some really cute and bright colored stuff for gym workouts at JC Pennys. I am very particular about what I wear running because I have been the victim of some poorly placed seams.
  • Josalinn
    Options

that's exactly what it is.

my question I think beyond that is "is it hi-vis retroreflective"
    because I've been needing- and does it bounce a lot?

Bouncing would be bad to me.
    From the videos on the site and from some third party reviews, IT does not seem to bounce. The one girl said that she got it specifically because she has "bingo wings" and armbands slide down.

You are fit like the ladies in the videos I watched so unless they glued them to their tummies, I would assume no bounce.

Hope this was more helpful than my snarky post. :)
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love leggings no matter what I am doing, but especially squats or any leg workout. You can do whatever in those things and don't have to worry about skin showing. I've had UA and those last a lifetime. Nike are good. Victoria's Secret has really increased their sports apparel and so far I am pleased with the leggings. A little pricey but very comfy and flattering.