Help with meals on the go!

Options
Hey everyone, would really appreciate some help!

So I've got a really hectic schedule, which means that occasionally I have to have breakfast on the go, and almost always have to have lunch in the med school (Medical student here) :mask:

I was wondering if you guys had any tips/tricks/ideas/recipes for lunches I could take in with me? Buying lunch from the cafe there costs like £3-£5 a day which is hella expensive! (But good every so often as a treat).

I'm on a student budget with a limited time frame with which to make my lunches, and also there is no microwave or anything so any foods that needed to be cooked/heated aren't an option :cry:

I think I know a couple ideas of food to take in with me, it's just being efficient and organised enough to find the time to make it!

Thanks all :blush:

Replies

• sabinags
    sabinags Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! A peanut butter and jelly sandwich (natural pb, organic jelly, wheat bread) is super easy, satisfying, and you can put it in a sandwich Tupperware and take it pretty much anywhere since it doesn't need to be refrigerated :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    No microwave at all or just at lunch time? If you have access to a regular kitchen before you leave, you can use a glass wide-mouth thermos jar, fill it with boiling water, dump it after 5 or 10 minutes, then put warm food in there, and it will stay warm til lunch. As long as it's the jar kind, you can put in pretty much anything that fits, doesn't have to be a liquid.
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    No microwave at all or just at lunch time?

Sorry - I meant I just have no access to a microwave during the day :) I do have one in my kitchen at home :) also thanks for the tip!

• FixieFreak
    FixieFreak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I pack brown rice with beans or vegetables pretty much every day. Super cheap, super healthy. You can add seasonings as you see fit. Better warm but just fine cold.