Losing 20 Before 30

Options
Hi all!

I'm really excited be trying out My Fitness Pal. I've had a lot of success with Weight Watchers in the past, but tomorrow I'm joining a more expensive gym, and I don't want to pay for a fancy workout and a weight loss tool if it's not necessary! I hear great things about MFP, so I'm excited to start tomorrow.

I'm an 8th grade English teacher at a top-notch No Excuses charter school in Newark, NJ. I work 11-14 hour days, and the work is exciting, but very exhausting. I generally gain weight during the school year and lose it all in the summer when I have time to work out and worry about myself!

I turn 30 this summer, so this spring I'm not going to let myself creep higher than I've crept this school year. I started out at 145 pounds, and I'm at a little less than 155. My goal weight is 135, and I need to be there by July 3. Slow, but steady!

I'm looking for a tight support network, as I go all in when I commit to a healthy lifestyle. Any other teachers out there? Vegetarians? Lovers of books, theater and wine? Hope to make some new friends!