Half marathon training

Options

Replies

• JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Halfs are my favorite distance! I've been out of commission for a few months but the weather is getting warmer and my feet are ITCHING! I'm going to live vicariously through all of you.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My 5th half is on April 19th, and my first 25k is on May 9th. Then I will switch to trails and will run a trail half (or 2 or 3) this summer.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon on May 10th (technically my 2d, but the other was 25 years ago). Done London Marathon back in 2011, but spinal injury screwed me over for 3 years. Hoping to hit 2'05 or better
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Currently training for a 100k. Got out at the weekend for my first proper run in a while and managed 7 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. I'm just trying to get as much time as possible.
    I have a marathon I am going to run in June as part of my training. I am really not looking forward to the 7 or 8 hour training runs around July time.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Me :smile: My first 1/2 marathon in September. I am petrified, but excited! Sending a friend request!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've got a 7k on Sunday! But I'm training for my first full in October!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have half marathon #31 in April and #32 in May. These are my first half marathons since having a baby last November.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am running a 1/2 marathon on Saturday, part of Ragnar relay team in April and then 1/2 marathon in May before we move across the country. Training will then start up again around the end of July.

Good luck!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I am sure you will do great!

I am doing a marathon end of April. I consider it a 1st for me since the only other one I ran was 12 years ago! After that I am going to switch gears and train for an Olympic Tri in July along with running a trail 1/2 marathon in June.

I will probably find another road 1/2 in the late summer or early fall to do as well. I am not huge on racing however I do like signing up for races every now and then to keep my running on track. It has been very sporactic since having kids!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have a half April 12th. i will be halfway through my full marathon training at that point for my marathon in June. not my first half but my first full!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    So far the only HM I'm registered for this year is in September but I've got a 10K in May and will have a couple of duathlons in between.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Happy training! I have a 10K in early May and my second half in September. I am thinking about throwing a short trail run in there somewhere too since I just moved to NJ and there are tons of trail races!
  • KayleeU
    KayleeU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have never ran in a 10k run but I love that distance. Nice in between distance. I'm hoping to get a couple more half's in this year because I would like to challenge myself with a full marathon.
  • KayleeU
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Currently training for a 100k. Got out at the weekend for my first proper run in a while and managed 7 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. I'm just trying to get as much time as possible.
    I have a marathon I am going to run in June as part of my training. I am really not looking forward to the 7 or 8 hour training runs around July time.

100k!!! Wow!! That's amazing how many miles is that exactly??

• KayleeU
    Options
    briebee7 wrote: »
    Best of luck! I am sure you will do great!

I am doing a marathon end of April. I consider it a 1st for me since the only other one I ran was 12 years ago! After that I am going to switch gears and train for an Olympic Tri in July along with running a trail 1/2 marathon in June.

I will probably find another road 1/2 in the late summer or early fall to do as well. I am not huge on racing however I do like signing up for races every now and then to keep my running on track. It has been very sporactic since having kids!

Thank you so very much!! I really do enjoy running the long distances and I like the structure of having a race to get me to commit to running consistently! And I completely get the kids making it tougher. Life is very busy and it's hard to fit it all in but I do try my best. I want to be fit and healthy for me and the family. Your training for an Olympic tri? As in triathlon?
  • KayleeU
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    I have a half April 12th. i will be halfway through my full marathon training at that point for my marathon in June. not my first half but my first full!

I want to to a full sometime too. I'm thinking I will do a couple more halfs then go for a full.
  • KayleeU
    Options
    sjp_511 wrote: »
    I have half marathon #31 in April and #32 in May. These are my first half marathons since having a baby last November.

Wow!! Two back to back that's awesome. After my last I wanted to plan somthing right away just to continue going since I had built the endurance up..
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10 mile race at the end of the month, a half in April, and another half in June. I'm trying to get my time down to the 2:30s for the half in June since my first two half marathons were in the low 2:40s.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My first half is on April 11. At first my goal was just to finish. Now I'm aiming for around 2 1/2 hours. I'm on week 16 of a modified 20 week training plan I found online. I am incorporating speed intervals or hill repeats one day a week.

There is a group on here for rookies with daily run check-ins.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1/2 planed for late April-or late May/June.
    We haven't settled on which one!
    my best friend and I will be training separately and meeting in the middle to run it together- or at least show up-start together and finishing and have beer together. LMAO